3/19/10

Whach ya eatin?

I knew yesterday was going to be a doosey. I woke up tired. Brylee didn't sleep so good (or long) and I wanted to crawl right back in our rented bed and drift off to a sweet slumber.

Instead, I loaded the washer to get my day of laundry started. As I am loading aforementioned washer, Brylee crawls in under my feet. This is not good. Our laundry room is the size of a normal bathroom linen closet. Our stackable washer and dryer are the only thing that fits in there. I load it while standing in the doorway almost. She crawls under my feet, then in an uncharacteristic move for her, she retreats all on her own.

That should have tipped me off. She NEVER leaves the laundry room until I forcefully remove her. For some reason that room is like the forbidden apple. She just can't stay away.

I had closed the door behind me, walked back to our bedroom, and was on my way to the kitchen to cook breakfast when I hear Rusty. Now, Rusty doesn't panic, most of the time he laughs and tells me to quite worrying about stuff. So, when there was a little bit of alarm in his voice I knew I'd better go.

I found Brylee sitting on the floor with what looked like Mormon gravy coming out of her mouth. It was lumpy and totally NASTY! I freaked a little. Dad nabit! Why did my daughter have to be the human vacuum? I grabbed her and started pulling crap out of her mouth. She was crying, I was yelling, and Rusty was standing there laughing.

It was drywall. Yep, you heard right. My daughter was eating drywall.

Rusty continued to laugh. She was mad at me for taking it away. Whatever to you both!

Luckily, my daughter usually has better taste in food. She has been feeding herself for a while now with puffs but I can't get her to like any other textures. We tried mashed up bananas, green beans, mashed potatoes (without butter or milk), and apples. Nothing. She didn't like any of it.

This however she loves! She must have some of Grandpa Wilkins in her.


These are becoming fast favorites! (Ritz crackers)


2 comments:

Becky said...

be happy it wasn't poop :)

Enjoy the Journey said...

OH mercy! She is SO CUTE!