3/25/10

Different Turn

Not often do I rant or rave about politics on my blog. I use it for journaling purposes mostly, and only try to express my feelings about things that are about my beautiful family or more non-controversial (seeing as I'm not paid and don't have a huge fan base, why would I?). But, today I can't keep quiet. I went to sleep sick to my stomach. Only part of it was health related. I was really upset about developments in the new health care legislation that was passed.

See, for anyone who doesn't know, my daughter was born with two different conditions which STILL require and will continue to require regular medical treatment. While in the process of changing jobs, Rusty and I paid $500 a month for COBRA coverage FOR JUST BRYLEE, because if we didn't, her treatments for those conditions would be completely out-of-pocket. Of course I didn't want to pay this, and of course, I wish that the public option wasn't so expensive, but it is what is required for my daughter to have what she needs.

So, when I learned yesterday that the law makers pulled a bait-and-switch in regards to more than one MAJOR issue in the bill, I was FUMING!!! Unlike what was shoved down our throats that pre-existing conditions for children would no longer exist...that it would take effect IMMEDIATELY, we were lied to. Some if not most will not be covered until 2014. We were also lied to that health care would not cover abortion. No matter what an Executive Order says, our new health care plan WILL pay for abortions. (Please do research about this executive order, it is basically a political rouse. An executive order CAN NOT overturn a law when the law has specific terms written in, which the abortion clause does.)

I watched as a woman came on and tried to defend the reasoning behind this "miss" in the legislation. Basically, the most intelligent answer she gave was "Well, the , terminology in the bill is very technical." .....Really? That's all you've got to tell the American people? Basically, the law makers who passed this bill don't know how to read fine print? Isn't that their job?

Oh ya, that's right....your job is to sit in your office, draw your bloated salaries, and NOT pay attention!! It's a huge sign to me that even our most executive offices in the government are not forced to participate in this health care like the rest of the American people are. Shouldn't that tell us something?

As far as the American people go, I wonder....if you stopped paying for your expensive clothes, eating out, watching movies, and lots of other unnecessary items that we spend our money on everyday...do you think you could cover your family? Most if not ALL Americans could at least afford major medical coverage for their family if these were cut from our lives. I know, Rusty and I have done it.

So, if you disagree with me, that's fine. I just hope your children are the lucky ones that don't have any pre-existing conditions that may or may not be covered until 2014. I fear for you that you don't find yourselves VERY disappointed in this socialism.

3 comments:

justin and sherrie said...

I hear you. My problem is I live in Utah and voicing your opinion here is kind of a waste. Most everyone is already on track with what I think. Some of the ideology behind the whole health care debate is mind boggling to me. How in the HELL do people think it is right for other people to pay for THEIR insurance? It is the same mentality that wants to force an insurance company to accept you no matter what. The Lord doesn't accept us "no matter what" so why should an insurance company? The big bad insurance companies have a whopping 2% profit margin, and they're the bad guys? Why should everyone's problems be thrown down to somebody else? AAAHHH!!

Eve and Tim DeLoach x2 said...

agreed!

Brooke said...

Oh, I so agree. I am so sorry for your situation. What a pain. This county is in trouble!!