On May 13, 2005, Rusty and I were married. Definitely a first for us both.
For our honeymoon we went on a cruise. That was a first for both of us as well.
A week later, we signed papers on our first house. Yep, it was that quick. Again, another first.
I can remember crying on our way home from signing those papers. What should have been a happy moment in our lives, and I was crying. To tell the truth, I had major doubts about buying that house, but selfishness usually wins when you want something so bad, so we bought a house.
I can remember every trip we made out there to see the progress as it was being built. In fact, I have pictures of every milestone. I would even have Becky (Rusty's sister) go and take pics for me since she already lived in the neighborhood. The most memorable of them all, was a trip we made to see that the framing was complete. We stood across the street hand in hand and looked with pride at our first home. I remember telling Rusty, "Just think, we will bring our babies home in this house!" I won't...actually I can't describe for you the terror that immediately showed in Rusty's eyes.
Then, the day we moved in I was so stressed trying to get everything taken care of that I had completely lost my voice. (It happened when I tried planning our high school graduation too!) I just sat there pointing to his family and mine as they were trying to help us. That was annoying. But, we were in our first home.
We had our first married Christmas in that home. One of my favorite memories too.
We brought Bronx home to that house. I stayed awake until 4:00 am trying to start the potty training process. He peed all over my floor...multiple times. He got it after a few days.
Rusty worked really hard putting in a back yard for our family. We spent lots of time out there. We both loved it.
And best of all, Brylee was born while we lived there. I remember every part of decorating Brylee's nursery. I had the house cleaned top to bottom before she came home. Rusty and I walked around the neighborhood for an hour and a half trying to keep my contractions going (we went to the hospital but they sent me home). I remember walking out of the front door a week over due and thinking "The next time I walk in that door, I will be carrying my new baby!"
The day we packed up and walked away, I sat on the stairs crying. Such a huge decision we made moving there. Such huge moments in our lives took place there.
So when I received the documents we needed to sign for the sale of our house yesterday, I cried again. I know it's just drywall and lumber. But it holds all of our "Firsts". No matter what, it will always be our house.
(I have no pics of the house with me...sorry!)
1 comment:
i know what you mean! You are on to new firsts!
Post a Comment