3/27/10

Let me count the ways



I promised to find things I love about Washington D.C. Actually, since we don't live right in D.C, I'm going to start saying Maryland since that is technically where we live. As far as the things I love go, I have two new ones.

My phone has a GPS on it. I think I will start calling her Lucy. No streets are on a grid system here so you end up in who knows the hell where if you don't have a GPS around to figure crap out. Roads that go east and west for two miles turn and go north and south, then turn back again. Its crazy. You would think that with men as smart as the Founding Fathers around, they would have designed something a little smarter. Considering that fact, as much as I love Lucy, she isn't always the best guide. So, I love that in almost every intersection in Maryland, you can make legal U-Turns! It has become a very efficient option for me when Lucy and I don't always get along.

The other, is that my home-made bread rises VERY good out here. I don't know if it has been the moisture we have had, but my bread and cinnamon rolls have been fantastic!

Now, if I could find us a house that was built before 1975, AND that cost less than $1800/month to rent, all would be right with the world.

1 comment:

The Herberts said...

Good luck with Lucy! I hope all is well and look forward to your updates! Have a great week!