So, with her smiling comes talking as well. Oh, how I love to listen to this girl's stories. She has big ones and small ones, but no matter what, it takes all for limbs moving as fast as possible to produce any sound. It's like a wind-up toy.
I was asked by my Bishop what was the best part of being a parent so far. Up to this point, I had to say that seeing her look at you and smile, it is by far the best feeling in the world! It makes all the late/early mornings worth it!
Brylee had her 3rd set of castings today. She did even better. I'm learning everyday how to better handle all of the appointments she has. I had to go by myself this time since Rusty really does have to work. He has been amazing to help me, but I guess it's time to buck up and do it myself. Since I was all by my lonesome, I didn't get near as many pictures, but here are her feet after the 2nd casts.
Here are her feet before treatment.
After the first set of casts.
Current.
I am so happy with the progress. I also love the opportunity to hold her without them on, even if it's just a few minutes. That is the first thing I mourned when finding out about all of the treatments. Holding your child is a major part of bonding with them. I still am very much able to hold her, but when newborns are all scrunched up is my favorite. It is very different to hold Brylee. I always laugh when I watch people hold her for the first time. They get this confused look on their face and switch her position a few times before settling in to one they feel is best. No doubt, it's awkward. Hopefully they will only have to do two more sets and then they can do the Achilles lengthening.
Brylee also had her one month check up today. Technically she is almost 6 weeks but whatever! She is in the 86th percentile for weight which was 10.12 lbs. They didn't even try to get an accurate length and I forgot to ask them when they took the casts off. Her head is in the 66th percentile. So, so far all looks good. We did have to change her medication to Prevacid. She did really well with the Zantac for about a week and a half, and then it started to loose it's effectiveness. She has been such and angel compared to the first three weeks of life that I hope it just gets better. It really is like someone handed me a new baby! After that long day, the pediatrician sent her home but not before giving her a shot in her arm for part of her immunizations. I have never heard her squeal like she did. Poor girl!
3 comments:
ash she looks so good! those feet look normal to me. i bet when you see them in person you can tell a difference but i couldn't in the pics. i'm glad she's doing so well and that you are doing so well. you're just taking it all like a champ!!!
i am amazed at the progress, her feet look AWESOME! way to go brylee! good seeing you three at the parade. she is even prettier in person.
Oh my gosh Ashley! I can't believe how good her feet look! I didn't realize how quickly the casting works. I am so happy for you guys that were able able to find Brylee's doctor. What a difference he is helping to make in Brylee's life.
Post a Comment