6/27/09

Casting #2

We had her 2nd set of casts put on on Thursday. I was really nervous going into this one since she hadn't been so good for the last one. I am proud to say that she did much better this time. Hopefully that is a trend that will continue. She really didn't like the sound of the cast cutter, but she did much better with the manipulation this time. It also helps that I am more familiar with the procedure so that I knew when to give her the bottle. Don't ask me why, but she decides to poop everytime while they are doing the castings! This time she had even filled her diaper 20 minutes before that. I was relieved that she was done so that she wouldn't poop during it this time, but no such luck! Dr. Segal was also meeting with a couple who are pregnant with a baby with bi-lateral club foot. Dr Segal picked Byrlee up to show her off and wouldn't you know it, she totally spit up on him! I really don't think he was that impressed! All-in-all, this was a much better experience than last time. Way to go Brylee!!!!


Getting the casts cut off. She wasn't very happy with how loud it was.


Once the casts were off it was really weird to see her legs without them. She is going to have bird legs for a while with some major muffin tops on her thighs! I got to hold her for about thirty minutes without them on. It was sweet to hold her all cramped in a ball again. That's something that I miss.....her all cuddled up.


Rusty and I were really happy with how her feet looked just after the first casting! Her right foot is in much better shape but they both are looking good!


Here is the before pic!


I don't know why I am surprised at how much she weighs, she started out at 8 lbs 6ounces! This girl does like her food!


First leg. I held her off as long as I could with the binky, then we moved to the bottle to keep her entertained.



Second leg.



After all that, she got a little grouchy. Soon enough though, she was home and sleeping in her vibrating chair.

What am I going to do with her Kramer hair? Daddy won't let me make it curly......but look at me! Ya, we are going to have to figure something out.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That last picture is AWESOME!

Whitings said...

Love the Kramer hair!

You can already see a difference after the first casting was taken off!