6/27/09

Dilema

I need to update about her second set of casts but that takes a while so that will come later. For now, I need some help. With all that Brylee has gone through, I have tended to sit and hold her for her naps during the past week. First, it's nice to hold her and love on her when she isn't screaming, and second, she sleeps better. We have been having her sleep in this vibrating chair (Thanks to Jake and Maria!), which has been great. However, this past week I have noticed something. Brylee loves to sleep on her tummy! I think the pressure on her belly helps to make it feel better. I know what "they" say about belly sleeping and I truly do believe that it reduced the chance of SIDS. However, she just slept for 3 hours straight during the day! That doesn't happen a lot during the day. So, all you mom's out there, I am asking for help. What should I do?

3 comments:

Rylee said...

I think you go with your gut, whatever you think is best. I actually just started putting my little girl on her tummy and she sleeps almost through the night now. It made me a little nervous too because of SIDS of course but I think some babies are just tummy sleepers and are happier that way.

Kiera said...

According to my mom when I was a baby the Dr. recommended sleeping on stomachs, I know it changes every generation, and I believe the SIDS thing also, but I only think that goes for when they are tiny, I think once she can pull her head up and not suffocate herself she is probably ok!

Anonymous said...

I let my colicy baby nap on her tummy so I can check on her frequently but come bed time I lay her on her back or even prop her on her side which she loves. If she has had a really bad colicy night I lay a warm beanbag/rice pillow thing across her tummy because the heat and pressure help her sleep without being on her tummy and helps me sleep bc I am not AS worried about SIDS.