4/1/09

Baby Brylee's Room

So, here are the pics of her room so far. I haven't had a chance to do any cute decorative stuff yet, but it is coming. I figure I have to give myself something to do while I wait out those last four weeks. The lighting isn't great, but this is the best I could get.






This chair was the best buy out of the whole room. I have been stalking craigslist for a rocker. Rusty called me and told me to look at this one. It was the mint color we were putting on the walls. I didn't think there was any chance it would match, but it does! We drove to Phoenix to get it, but they sold it for $15!!!! It is a Lay-Z-Boy and is super comfy! There are a few spots that we will be shampooing, but for the most part, it is in super great condition. It was a little old Grandma's and she took really good care of it.

I have to send a huge "THANK YOU!!" to Cameron and Leah for their help with the chair rail! Cameron was sweet enough to come over and do it, and Leah was sweet enough to let me steal him while she had a presidency meeting.

These are the pictures from the day my sister and I painted the room. She was down here playing all week with her kids for spring break and thought she would be generous and help her "sista" out! We got to laughing so hard at all the times I have helped her put paint or wallpaper on her walls. Somehow, we always seem to get it done, even though I spilt a whole can of paint on her carpet!! Thanks Lish for helping! It was fun!





I go and sit in there sometimes and think what it will be like once she is here. On Sunday, I must have been in such a peaceful mood that I fell asleep waiting for Rusty to get home from YM stuff. This is pretty much where you can find me when I am home. Can't wait to see Brylee in it!

7 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

The room looks great and I love Brylee what a cute name! Let me know if you need help with anything. I would be more then happy to help!

Lauren said...

So cute! I love the colors, and old grandma rockers are the best for putting those sweet babies to sleep. By the way, thanks for the tip on Babysupermall.com, I found some super cute bedding.

Whitings said...

I LOVE IT ASH!! Great job!

Jenn said...

It turned out way cute! I love the colors! Can't wait to see Brylee now!!

ambrosia said...

the room is darling! i had to use another word cause everyone was saying 'cute' but for real great job! is rustys # sill the 209?

Kiera said...

ADORABLE ROOM! I LOVE the colors of it:) Beautiful! Hey I'm SOOOO sad I missed your shower on Saturday:( I actually had to go into Chandler and help my sister-in-law get ready for Prom! I definitely need to stop by and give you a gift! I Can't believe how soon your little baby is coming... CRAZY!! Please let me know if you need anything! I'm SOO excited for you!

Whitings said...

Ashley, you're killing me! Where are the baby shower pictures???