3/31/09

Drip, Drip, Drop, Little April Showers!!

Ok, it was still technically March but on the 28th, Cindy from work was sweet enough to throw me a baby shower. She just came up to me and said, "Hey, I want to throw you a baby shower, when is a good time for you?" How sweet huh? Well, she lives in the Cortina neighborhood and her home is AMAZING! She had everything decked out! Her husband and four kids even helped cook and get things ready! I walked in to a beautiful front centerpiece, and pre-made thank you cards. Isn't that a great idea? She had the Thank You cards ready so that all I had to do is write my note inside. Some people are so smart! Here are some pics of the party.





She had baked ham, cheesy potatoes, two quiche, broccoli salad, fruit, crystal glasses, and some of the yummiest desert I have ever had. She really out did herself!


I loved everything that they were so generous to give, but one of my favorites was from my friend Luanne who hand made me some burp clothes. I thought it was so creative to sew in the "B" to the cloth.

Cindy also gave me such a cute gift. The card read, "This is a little $ for you to go and get a good nursing bra!" HA HA! We all had a good laugh!

My husband also stayed home from work that day (with a little nudge from his wife, I think he actually likes working on Saturdays!), and when I walked in from the shower, my crib was all put together. That was the last piece needed before the rooms essentials were up and complete. I will post pics later. I still have decorative touches to add, but I love it so far! Thanks babe for letting me give you honey-do's!

Thank you to everyone who came and who was sweet enough to send their well wishes!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay for baby showers! That is so nice of your friend. Sounds like things went so well and you are getting all ready for your little one. I am so excited for you! It's so fun you finally get things put together and ready for baby.

Katlyn Papa said...

Looks like fun! Such cute decorations. You look great. The day is almost here, and believe me, you will need a good nursing bra so spend away! It will be well worth it! Good luck!

Whitings said...

Looks like a great shower! I wish I had known about it, I would have mailed a present down for you to open on your shower, now I feel like a jerk! But I'm glad you had such a good time! The "nursing bra" is awesome! Haha!