3/12/09

Slacker

So, I am not worthy of blogging. I know this, but I do have some good excuses. Well, reasons is more like it. I hate excuses. This darn virus called Antivirus 360 attacked our sweet little laptop, and it's still out of commission. I finally broke down and fired up our old computer. I don't have speakers, and the screen takes up half of our computer desk. But, I can't complain too much, at least I have a computer that works. So, for the last four weeks I have stayed updated on everyone else, but have missed being able to journal the things going on in our life. I always feel a little more organized when my blog is updated.

So far, Rusty and I are hanging tough. I have 10 1/2 weeks left until Baby Brylee makes her appearance. Lots to do and so little time it feels like. Her room has been cleaned out since I was about 4 months along, and since then it has sat there haunting me! I am horrible at making decisions, and so far have still not decided on her baby bedding. I know, I know, but I figure at the last minute I will find that bedding that I love! (Keeping my fingers crossed!) I stalk craigslist as much as I can, but since I still am working, I can't always get to the good deals in time. Can I hire someone to do that for me? HMMM..... something to think about.

So, I thought I would update without having to make a huge story out of it. Here are some pics to tell you what we have been up to.

Our first attempt at making coconut shrimp. Turned out pretty good I have to say!



We haven't used a credit card in a long time, but we have always carried them for "emergencies". We decided NO MORE, so we no longer even have one to use. Some people call us crazy, I call it heaven!!!


We still have Bronx and he is anxiously awaiting Brylee......ok maybe not, but he still is our first "child" and we love him! Daily walks with him has kept me in pretty good shape during this pregnancy as well. Thanks Bubba!


Rusty went with some friends to Sunrise for a "guys day" of riding. I got to stay up until 11:30 pm with him waxing boards! I have to say, with how hard he works all the time, I was willing to do it. The time off was much needed for him.



The dreaded pregnancy pics. I know that they won't be flattering either way, so I did these one day after work. Yes, I'm big. Thanks for asking!!



Along with being more organized in a lot of areas of our life, Rusty and I have made a goal that every week when we grocery shop, we will work on our three month supply of food. It's actually really easy once you start. I have always been really intimidated by the whole canning, oxygen packets, proper water storage techniques and all that. I decided to start slow and now, it has become a type of game for me. Really, you should try it!!



I know it's not very exciting, but there it is. Other than work and some play, you now know what we have been up to. Hope all is well with you guys!

1 comment:

Whitings said...

Okay, I HAVE to get my 3 month supply started. I promised myself I would start when I moved into our new house and here I am a month later and have almost nothing. Your post gave me a push to start NOW! I love your little tummy...okay well it's not little. But that's because you're 30 WEEKS pregnant and you have a 3 POUND BABY INSIDE-it's not supposed to be little : ) I am very jealous of your coconut shrimp-stupid devon and his "allergies" to shell fish! I could never make that...sigh. I miss you guys tons!