11/7/08

Oh the memories a song can bring!

My rodeo is as ghetto as it gets....really! It sounds like crap right now until Rusty puts something back on our tires, it gets 14 miles to the gallon, and it leaks oil all over my drive way. It can't lock, one window won't roll up all the way, and it shakes at about 65-75 miles an hour. Like I said....GHETTO! But, we don't pay a dime on it, and that makes it all worth it. I forgot to mention that it also had the stereo jacked right in front of Rusty and I one morning, so I cruise around with my ipod for music. I have to drown out the noise somehow! So, I was on my way home from work last night, and I got to flipping through the songs. It was really entertaining how many memories came flooding back with these songs. Jen, you will remember a lot of these. Most of them have something to do with you! So, I thought it would be fun to share and see what some of your favorites are/were too! Have fun with your memories!!
1.Matchbox 20- If your gone. Working at the Buckle in Utah. I was totally home-sick and this played 30 times in one shift.
2.Survivor-Destiny's Child-Carrie Barlow driving in Provo in her little car thinking we were true thugs!
3. These Dreams-Heart. Anything from Heart reminds me of my sister and stealing this tape from her.
4.Milli Vanilli-Blame it on the Rain- Totally an 80's classic! I have home video lip-sinking this song. Ironic huh?
5.Matchbox 20-the whole Yourself or someone like you album. Mr. Fritz pre-calculous class. He used to jam this for us while we did home work! I love him!
6.Savage Garden-I knew I loved you. Can you get more high school that this?
7. Dirty Dancing-Whole album. I will never forget Jen, Krystal, and I in my living room trying to learn the steps.
8. Warrant-Heaven. Junior High dances. All I can think is "ROCK-OUT". I think I got "asked out" like 5 times that night.
9. Wall Flowers-One headlight. High school but shoot....I still jam to this!
10. Ace of Base-the only album that was worth listening to. Dobson Ranch hotel room, swimming all day and dancing to this over and over on the beds. Ya, I'm so glad your dad paid for me to have fun jen!
11. Salt N Peppa-Whatta man. Dancing to this at Jen's house.
12. Bon Jovi- Bed of Roses. Longest dang song if your dancing with the "weird guy" at a school dance. Best if your dancing with "the cuttest guy ever!"
13. Uncle Kracker- Follow Me. He performed at a Kenny Chesney consert my sister and I went to. One of my best memories Lish! We were like three rows from the front. You can't beat that!
14. Aerosmith-Don't want to miss a thing. Show Low for my first "official" date when I was 16. Armagedon man, long movie.
15. Bon Jovi- Always. Another dance song, need I say more.
16. Linkin Park- In the end. Working at Scottsdale Osborn and just married to Rusty.
17. Cher-It's in his kiss. Classic.
18.Paula Abdul- Rush Rush. I thought this song was so "bad" when I was little. Kinda like it! Even though she is crazy
19.Extreme- More than words. I love the guitar! One of my all time favorite songs.
20. Tag Team-Whoomp, there it is! Yes, this is on my ipod. You can't lie and say when you think of this song your feet don't start to tap. You can't help it!
21. Led Zepplin-Stairway to Heaven. Longest intro ever!
22. Sir Mix A Lot- Baby Got Back. "I mean it's so out there!" Another one you can't tell me you don't know the words.
23. Puddle of Mudd- Any of there songs really. Reminds me of husband.
24. Britney Spears-Hit me baby one more time. Reminds me of a road trip to Holbrook on a bus for cheer. Can't remember what for though. Jen, I think I stole that CD from you!
25. Duran Duran-Anything. Reminds me of living in Colorado. My sister and older brother Chris really loved them. After hearing them over and over, I did too.
26. John Cougar Melencamp-Small Town. Eagar....nuff said.
27. Destiny's Child- Bootylicious. Can't remember who but someone performed this at an assembly. I remember it was funny!
28. Billy Ray Cyrus-Achy Breaky. That's right, I listen to it....gotta problem with that?
29. Sum41-The lake, the lake, the lake. I love wakeboarding!
30. O town- all or nothing. Reminds me of right after high school and an old boyfriend. Glad we grow up!
31. TLC- Don't go Chasing Waterfalls. I was so proud when I could sing all the words to this song. This also reminds me of your old red Ford Taurus Jen. Sweet ride!
32. Emerson Drive- I should be sleeping. Played this a lot when Rusty and i were "dating".
33. Whitesnake-is this love. Just always liked the song.
34. Dixie Chics-Wide Open Spaces. Jen and I's anthem for our lives or so we thought.
35. Garth Brooks-Standing outside the fire. Rusty's all time favorite song. I love my husband!
36.Tracy Byrd-Watermelon Crawl. Come on, you did the watermelon crawl didn't you? George Valenzuela and I did!
37. Foreigner- Until the end of time. Still know all the words.
38. Eric Clapton-Tears in Heaven. Jen and I sat at Jaryl Austin's house on the porch one night while he played this. I have always loved the guitar.
39. Alan Jackson-Gone Country. Lots of dancing! The Binghams were always fun to country dance with!
40.Maria Carey- Butterfly. Eating at Round Table Pizza and waisting a lot of money on the juke box. We thought we were awesome in jumior high!
41. My Maria- Brooks and Dunn. One of the best songs to dance to.
42. MMMbop- Hansen. That's right, I'm brave enough to admit it!
43. Papa Roach- Last Resort. All memories of my husband.
44. Baha Men-Who let the dogs out. Cardinals game performing at half time. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing it.

5 comments:

Jennifer and Jason said...

Ahhh all I can say is I love you and we were DORKS!!!! but I am smiling. I love thinking about the "good ol times" :) Thanks Smash, now I must return to life.

texas_princess1109 said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! I love the songs, especially MMMBop! That was awesome, thanks for taking me back to my memories!

Jenifer said...

Hey! First of all congrats on the pregnancy. second, this post makes me miss the Cardinals half-time shows! *sniff* ah,memories!

Whitings said...

How fun!

Becky said...

I love how your high school and junior high songs are almost all of my post high school :) you youngin'!