We ended up staying in town that night at my parents and then went to breakfast with them the next morning. By the time we got to camp, it was around 11:00 am. We got our tent set up and helped cook lunch.
We all got to play a little until the rains came. Then...it just never stopped! I'm serious when I say never, through the whole night, it didn't stop! I felt the worst for Becky and Kyle, they didn't have a dry blanket in their whole tent! Add Baylie throwing up that night, and you get a pee your pants, wish you were dead, hilarious moment. At around 11:00 pm that night, we had to move Bronx because he was barking at Baylie throwing up, I had to pee before I took Benadryl or who knows, I might pee my pants; and Rusty was in the tent laughing at me after my third pee trip. After a while I broke out my book and read to Rusty until both of our Benadryl kicked in. We woke up at 6:00 am to find that Becky and Kyle's pop up had collapsed. I think it was then that we all made the decision to pack it in and go home. No matter what, we had a ton of fun!
The funny thing is, that isn't the end of my story, long and tedious as it may be! Saturday morning, as Rusty and I were leaving for camp, my dear ole' Dad decided to back into our car.....yes, the one we JUST got out of the shop! I couldn't help but want to cry looking at his face! I felt so bad! So, we stayed Monday night and Rusty called in to work to tell them he would be late, so that we could get the car into the shop first thing in the morning. Monday night we went with my parents to Bear Wallow to eat, and then went and spotlighted on the mountain. Rusty took us up to Sprucedale, which is one of the only working dude ranched left around, run by the Wiltbanks. He and some of our high school friends worked up there during the summers, I think just to make-out with the pretty rich girls who's families would come to stay. It is the best peice of land I have ever seen, and with all the rain, the rivers were flooded. It was awesome! Come to find out, my mother used to work for the Wiltbanks parents when they owned it. My mom hadn't been back up there since like the mid 60's or something, so it was awesome that Emer and Esther were there when we drove up. Rusty and my Mom walked around looking at how much everything had changed. Rusty got some pics but they are dark. I know it doesn't seem like much to a lot of you, but this would be a dream life for me! The weekend was packed full excitement, but I am glad to be home again......that is until we leave for MEXICO!!!
1 comment:
K... I kept on checking your blog... and finally... BAM.. all these new posts! Wow! You are like me, wait awhile, then pile them on! I can't believe your car got wrecked again! OH man! I was wondering where you were! Cooper's toe is better, so we need another play date... soon!! Loves!
Post a Comment