9/4/08

Wilkins Family Reunion/Eagar Daze

This is pretty late,(shocking I know!), but the first of August we went up to see Rusty's oldest brother Reese while he and his family were in town. They live in Colorado, so we don't get to see them that often, but it is always great to have all of the family together! While they were here was the annual Eagar Daze. It is to celebrate the little town we grew up in and as a kid, it is one of the best days of the year. We used to have mud pit obstacle courses, inflatable castles, lots of junk food, and a junior rodeo to keep us entertained. I have not been to an Eagar Daze in years, but this one will be one to remember. With all of the kids around, we decided to enter all of them in the rodeo. They got to play a lot of games, win some money, and ride either a sheep or a calf. It was freakin' hilarious watching those kids get scared and their Dad's having to grab them and throw them on, but they all did great! I was so proud of all of them! I have video of all of them, but I have to mention Reeser, he had the best ride; should have won actually! He got second place to win $50!!! As soon as I figure out how to upload video, I will update this post. Thanks to Dennis and Janet, they always throw a great party for all of us. I think Janet needs at least a week to recover every time all of us are in town! We also got family pics done, I will post those later too! Thanks again Wilkins, it was a blast!








No comments: