9/4/08

Nie Nie


I am sure that many of you already know about this site and this family. I saw this on a friend's blog, and after taking pretty much most of my day, I sit here crying and laughing with this family. Stephanie is a mother of four who has entertained/helped/inspired many with her enthusiastic and positive blog posts. Her and her husband were critically injured in a plane crash in the middle of August near St. Johns, AZ. They are looking better but the burns that cover roughly 80% of thier bodies is making recovery slow and painful. They live here in the valley, but their children are being taken care of by Stephanie's sister who lives in Utah. It is her blog today that has brought many different emotions. As I read about her selfless sacrifice, I can't help but think how much I love my family(ies). What I wouldn't give for all of my nieces and nephews should I be put in the same situation, but she does it with the most amazing love and faith! I can say with challenges that Rusty and I now face, that kind of example of faith and gratitude in life's most difficult trials.... is priceless! I hope it is ok but I have copied a portion of one of her posts about her husband! Amazing!

"But I must say, this experience of taking on my sister's children has made something out of our marriage that I had never seen before. I think it might be summed up in the word power. I look at Chup--intimidated out of his mind--who wakes up with a grin and goes to bed with sore arms from all the lifting of little ones. And he is doing it for me. For me, and for my sister, and for his brother-in-law, and for these children. There is fortification in the sacrifice, and I believe in marriage more than ever."

Thank you so much! I will keep Stephanie and Mr. Nielsen and their families in my prayers!

1 comment:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hi Ashley, Christian Nielson was a friend from High School he is our Senior Class President. Such a sad story! Wish there was more I could do to help out the family!