Rusty and I were called as Ma's and Pa's on our Stake's Pioneer Trek this summer. For that occasion, we are in need of getting in better shape to walk 18 miles a day! So, with Cameron and Lea Heath (who are also called to be Ma's and Pa's from our ward), we are starting to hike every Saturday morning at 6:15. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome! This last Saturday was mine and Rusty's first time hiking this trail. We hike around the San Tan mountains and it is beautiful! Lea wasn't able to make it, but we met Cameron and took Bronx and had a beautiful morning hike. I totally forgot my camera, but I will take some pics this Saturday and post them. There just isn't anything like Spring in the valley. We did about 4 miles in an hour and a half. Not to bad?!?!?! Then Rusty and Cameron went to play basketball at the church, and I went home to put a waisted puppy in his backyard. When Rusty got home we made breakfast and cleaned the house. I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but for both of us, a clean house is awesome! I love the feeling when it's all done. Then we did some grocery shopping together (what constitutes a NEED in our house is always an interesting conversation in the middle of Wal-Mart!), and then picked up Kyle to go see the kids Spring Fling at their school. Kylee had a solo in her performance (which she did great!), and all of the kids made a cake for the cake decorating contest. My mother-in-law Janet used to make cakes professionally so she brought her equipment but the kids did a great job on their own! Here they are showing off their projects!





Uncle Rusty and I bid on Kylee's and other family members bid on the other kids. We all ended up going home with a cake (wasn't I talking earlier in this post about getting in shape?!?!?!), and the kids came over and ate most of ours. It was fun to watch the kids have fun and be excited about something they created! One thing is for sure, the Mayhew kids do not lack imagination!
After all of that fun, Rusty and I picked up a cute no-name chic flick, took Bronx for a walk and finished the night with...a movie! While we were walking that night, we both comented on how perfect a day it was. It was what a Saturday should be like!
2 comments:
Awesome guys! Good luck! We're proud of you, 18 miles is a lot!
I am so excited for you guys! I wanted to go on the trek so bad. but i would still love to join you guys on a hike. I have been wanting to do that for the longest time but eric and i have total opposite schedules. so if you are going in the next few saturdays let me know ;0) oh and bronx is adorable!!!
Post a Comment