3/13/08

M.O.M. spells....Aunt Ashley?

I love my sister! Really, other than my husband, she and my Mom are my best friends. We sound alike, kinda look alike, and write exactly the same. She is six years older, so when we were growing up I was the pesky little sister that tried to hang around while her "cool" friends were there. Then she got married and moved to Silver City, NM and I didn't see her as much. That is when I started to go see her on my spring breaks and summers. When she had her first baby, I would go down and stay with her and "help" her with Shae. We became really close when she and Justin moved home and I got to babysit her kids a lot while she worked. So it wasn't a question when she called me to help watch her kids a couple weeks ago while she had surgery. She had some muscle damage in her stomach from her first baby and the msucles just ripped more with every birth, so she went and got it fixed along with a new tummy! I consider her kids part mine. I think I'm their favorite as well, (at least I better be!) So two weeks ago, I went up to RV and watched the kids for four days. We had a lot of fun but were really busy. I have always known that mom's are busy people, but her schedule is CRAZY! Especially with kids ranging from almost 12 to seven months old, there is a lot to do in a day! Snowboarding trips, diapers to change, basketball games and practices, bottles to make, homework to do, naps to take....I don't know how she gets it all done all the time. And the thing about my sister that is amazing is that she has a cute clean house and always has something good on the stove. I really hope I can be as good a mom as she is! I won't bore you with a timeline of events but we did a lot of laughing (mainly at my sister who couldn't stand up straight), and talking and a little bit of sleeping. The baby was teething so sleep didn't go so well for me, but the trip was great! It is always great to see the kids. Here are some pics of the kiddos!

He wasn't so crazy about Bronx licking him, but as soon as Bronx would walk away, he started kicking and wanting to see him!




Seriously, one of the chubbiest kids I have ever had to haul around! 7 months old!!!!!!! He is the best baby in the world though!


I was trying to teach Kelton the patty-cake song so you can see his finger out for the "pick it and pick it" part. Look at those red cheeks. Slobbering everywhere, fever, crabby, biting...yep he's teething.




These are my girls! Madison is on the left and Shae is on the right. Madison is my girlie girl! When she was born she looked just like her dad. She was pretty chubby, so we used to call her "the Rock", and the name stuck! Some people still call her that even though she had turned out to be a beautiful girl! I'm so proud of who you are Mads! When Shae was 3 or 4, I would pick her up before the basketball game and take her with me. She would sit with my friends during the game and watch me cheer! She was the hit of the high school! Now she is turning 12 this May and headed into Young Women's...it freaks me out! She started to throw and attitude so I had to show her who was still boss. I will be honest though, she is a bit tougher than she used to be. These are pics of me taking her down. Shae, if it hadn't been for your dog jumping on me to protect you, oh and the cheep move you did by grabbing the table leg, and the biting and pinching... I would have had ya!




Kelton did so good riding in the car with me to and from everywhere we had to go. As long as he can see outside, he doesn't care!
This guy is Easton. We thought he was the baby baby baby but Heavenly Father had other plans. Easton loves working with his dad and fixing hitches....yes, that's right I said hitches. Like what's on the back of your truck! If you drive up to the house with one on your truck, I'm pretty sure you aren't leaving with it! He is the sweetest little boy and he loves Aunt Ashley. I had to leave a day later than planned to go up there and he just cried and cried and cried! Doesn't he look a bit like RY-RY Sonda?


Thank you kids for being so good while Aunt Ashley tried to be a makeshift mom for you! I love you guys and you too Lish! Get better soon....or should I say stand up straight soon?!?!?!?

No comments: