So I posted earlier that we are hiking every Saturday morning to get ready for the trek. This last Saturday, we went with the Heath's and the Udy's and had a great time! Being from the White Mountains, I can never get enough of being "on the mountain", even if I am just riding around. Even Rusty isn't as attached to it like I am. Sometimes, even if it is just for a day, I can go ride around Nutrioso or Alpine and for some reason feel recharged. It's like I'm back and ready to go again. I think it comes from riding quads just about everyday my junior and senior years. I have had great times up there. So, when we were liking this morning, believe it or not, I got a little bit of that same feeling. It was absolutely beautiful early that morning, the green in the desert and there were even some trees mixed in with the cactus. Don't get me wrong, it's not like MY mountain, but it felt great. Rusty and I were a little late because he forgot to turn his alarm on, so we started hiking at about 6:45. It was great to be able to talk with the girls and get to know them a little bit better. I think the boys were glad to get rid of their chatty wives as well! Even though we were a little bit slower, we did 6.25 miles in a little over 2 hours. The trails were full of people mountain biking and I think there was some type of event going on because there were a lot of people. That is why we go so early. To many people makes it not so fun. Here are the pics from that day! Thanks everyone for a great Saturday! See ya in a few days!
Who's idea was it to take this one in the shade?
I have the cutest two "boys", don't I?!?!?!?!
1 comment:
Where were you hiking? It looks beautiful! We saw you walking your dog in the neighborhood the other day...we can't believe how fast he is growing!!! By the way, I am totally jelous of you for getting to go on the treck!
Post a Comment