3/4/08

Have you seen my ball?




Rusty has liked playing golf since high school but hadn't played very much until the last 6 months or so. He and Cameron went together one day and it has been an obsession ever since. I actually really like that he does it. It gives him the time he needs to stay saine during his busy weeks. On this particular Saturday, Rusty got up and helped me do our Saturday chores, then came in and invited me to go with him while he golfed. I drove the cart while he played, and it was so much fun! I love my husband for a lot of reasons, and one of them is that at anytime, (even when he has pissed me off) he can make me laugh! We rode around all day and just had fun. I laughed at him a lot because he would get frustrated (" Honey, I am sure we will find your ball somewhere?!?!?!"), and he laughed at me when I called it Tittliss instead of Titleist. We also encountered a few really "funny" individuals while we were out there. One guy was walking around selling his own personal stuff that was loaded in what must have been his kids Radio Flyer wagon. Ok, first of all, I'm playing golf with my husband! Second, no I don't want your used jewlery! They came and kicked him off the course so he came to us to complain.I don't know if he really thought we could do something for him or just needed someone to listen but we sat there until we couldn't take it anymore. In a way I felt bad for him, but really...on a golf course! We were playing at the course at Magic Ranch and most of the houses in that subdivision back the course. As we drove up to the green at a particular hole, we noticed a cute little boy playing with a shovel as his dad was putting in what looked like some concrete work. We started half laughing and half "AWWW"ing at the little boy. When the dad looked up, Rusty and I started laughing so hard because it was Matt Finch, a guy we went to high school with! I find out every day how small of a world we live in, especially when you come from the White Mountains. Anyway we played the course twice, since it is only a 9 hole course, and we had so much fun! I have played twice now, and i actually wouldn't mind learning. I just don't think that Rusty has the patience to sit and wait while I hit 4 over on a Par 3. Thank you hunny for being the most improved golfer I know, and the funniest person I could ever be around!

Oh, and I included this on my blog simply to help others understand what it truly means when he gets frustrated! Sorry for those who may be offended!

1 comment:

Whitings said...

iam not offended or even surprised the birdie is in your blog!

devon