3/4/08

Be my Valentine!

So, for Valentine's Rusty and I are not usually crazy. We usually do dinner at home or something like that but nothing huge. I think we do a pretty good job of showing eachother how we feel all of the other 364 days of the year, but I have been wanting to get Rusty a new wakeboard for some time. His old one got a little beat up in a boating accident (We love you Dad!). Devon had e-mailed Rusty about this wakeboard for like $69.00 on ebay. This board usually runs like $349.00. When he told me about it, I knew he wasn't going to get it for himself so I decided to make Valentine's a little more special. I called Devon and had him make sure that this was a legit deal, which it was. The board has only been in the water twice, so it is in super condition. And why not get it for a rediculously cheap price? So, I won the bid, and ended up paying something like $79 for a great wakeboard!! This just happened to be around the time the huge tornado went through the southern states, so it didn't get here until the Monday after but it was worth it! I don't have a picture with him by it but here it is! And the great thing is, we can ride in a month or so so he won't have to wait to long to use it!


(Don't mind the huge dents you see in our wall, it was just a little accident! Men are great to have around a house huh?) But, thankfully that wasn't all that we did for Valentine's! It is a tradition of my In-laws to purchase Suns tickets for all of the couples in the family for Christmas. We all really love going and I think it is such a cool way to get the family together (my mother-in-law is always thinking of good ways to get us together!), so we spent Valentines night at the Suns game. We went to dinner first at Famous Dave's, which was awesome! Great bar-b-que and a really good Salmon! Then we headed over to U.S Airways center for the game. Unfortunatley, I forgot my camera in the car and since I had bronchitis and Rusty had pneumonia, neither one of us wanted to walk back in the cold and get it. When we sat down, Becky told us that the big board had said, "The Suns welcome the Wilkins Family!". None of us believed her, but sure enough a little while later our name popped up on the screen! It was pretty cool! The people around us thought we were crazy when during a timeout or something stupid we would start cheering, but that's ok! Janet sat next to some kids from a high school team that was there and she let them take her camera and get pictures of themselves with the Suns girls. They thought they were so awesome! I put a stop to it when Rusty stood up to go with them!!! Just kidding...... but I think he wanted to!! Anyway, we got home really late but it was worth it! Hanging out with the Wilkins family is always an adventure. Thanks Dennis and Janet for the awesome memories you let us have! We love you! Oh, and I love you too, Rusty! You are my BEST Valentine EVER!

No comments: