8/28/10

Eternity

On June 15th I received a call that I needed to head to Arizona. On June 20th Rusty, Brylee, and I all boarded a plane bound for Phoenix. We got in at like 10:00pm. Becky and Kyle picked us up. The next morning we drove home. The day after that, I had the opportunity to sit with my sister in the temple for the first time. I wouldn't have missed that for anything!

Justin and Alisha Walker Family
Together Forever June 22, 2010



I remember the day I was married, I left for the temple while my sister got in the shower. I remember thinking that I was kinda sad that she hadn't waited to tell me bye because the next time I saw her I would be a married woman. We have always been close, and I was so sad that I couldn't share that day with her and my Dad. As happy as I was, I could feel them missing in the sealing room. Once we were outside the temple I couldn't wait to hug my Dad and my sister. It made the sweetness of what had just happened complete. Later, Alisha told me that she didn't want to say goodbye to me that morning because she was sad she couldn't be there with me.

With that said, I'm so grateful that I got to finally sit next to her and watch as she went through the temple for the first time. Of course, I lost it many times through the session, but there is something about watching those kids all dressed in white becoming a forever family that melts your heart. It was such a sweet sealing and I'm so excited and grateful for the Walker Bunch! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Congrats Alicia!! I can't believe how big Shae is. Both of those girls are as beautiful as their mama.

gentry's said...

It is so amazing they got to experience the most wonderful thing there is. I was lucky enough to be there when my grandma and grandpa cole were sealed and justin and alisha were there. it was so amazing. it is not every day you get to go to your mom's sealing and then later on her mom's sealing. so awesome!