4/8/10

Heart beats

(Brylee 10 months old on trip to Chesapeake Bay April 5th, 2010)

Tonight I sat and cuddled with Brylee. The air had finally turned cool from the coming storm, and we could finally touch each other without sweating and sticking together (it has been 90-94 degrees in our apartment the last three days without AC). She has become increasingly eager to cuddle these days and I have to admit, I don't mind it at all.

We were laying cheek to cheek. Her belly was full of corn, pears, and Hawaiian haystacks (which managed to get in her hair and ears), and I could see her belly was so full it was protruding out of her tiny t-shirt. I placed my hand on her heart and layed there cheek to cheek feeling her heart beat. It's amazing how fast it is. I imagined it the rhythm of her energy. The girl never stops moving. And while I know the medical reasons that her heart beat is much faster than mine, I still think its because she is physically unable to sit still.

While at the doctor for her 9 month shots yesterday, she grabbed the doctors stethoscope and slammed it back into her ear. For anyone who doesn't know what that is like, it's like someone hitting a drum inside your ear. I felt bad and went to discipline and prevent her from doing it again, and the doctor told me not to. She thought she was cute. Seriously!

Her 10 month stats
Weight: 20 lbs- 50Th percentile
Height: 28 inches- 50Th percentile
Head: 75Th percentile

Things she is/has accomplished:
Loves Peek-a-boo
Playing Patty-Cake
Cruising around the furniture
Shaking her head no-no
Waving Hi and Bye
Blowing kisses
Drinking from a sippy
Eating everything she can get her hands on
including MILK!!

That's right, you heard me right...she eats anything milk based just fine! She finally outgrew the milk allergy and trust me, I don't think I could be any happier. It was getting really old giving her the same few foods to eat. Don't get me wrong, the girl loves her peaches, but it's nice to give her whatever we are eating. It makes dinner time just a little easier.

She still takes the Prevacid every morning for the reflux and after attempting a few times to take her off, I'm afraid this may be a more long term thing than originally thought.

Now that I think about it, her heart may be beating so fast because it has to keep up with how fast she is growing up. I think I would rather trap her in this age where I can sit with her cheek to cheek forever.

No comments: