11/2/09

From Generation to Generation

I love generational pictures. I think it shows us how we take the good attributes from the previous generations and try to emulate them while making ourselves better. One of my favorite pictures is of my Grandma Campeau, my mom, my sister, myself, and my niece Shae. In my Patriarchal Blessing, I was told things specifically about heeding the council of my mother and grandparents. That is why when Janet (Rusty's Mom) asked me to go see Grandpa Webb in Snowflake, I was really excited.

Grandpa Webb reminds me so much of my Grandpa Burk. They both worked full days well into their nineties. It's amazing really. I think they both could outwork most young men these days. When we pulled up to Grandpa Webb's place, he was out on his tractor and moving pipes. I just had to smile. It was so Grandpa Webb. So here are some pics of our trip to let Brylee meet her Great Grandpa and Grandma.
Grandpa had come in off the tractor just to see little miss Brylee.


She was asleep for a while, but later woke up. I thought this was really sweet.

We are missing Rusty to truly make this a generational shot, but I love it anyway. I know how much Janet loves her Daddy, and how much he loves her. Plus, I know she loves little Brylee too! She was a proud Grandma!

Grandpa finally got to see her big beautiful eyes!



It's amazing how much a person's spirit can shine even at 93 years old. Grandpa Webb really is an amazing man. I know Rusty respects him so much and I'm glad I got to get pictures of him with Brylee so that when her daddy tells her the story of him doing all those pull-ups, or lifting the 50 gallon barrel into the back of a truck, she can put a face to the name.

Janet also took me by the house she grew up in and a tour around Snowflake. I love my family history so much, and was really grateful to learn a little bit more about our Webb side. Thanks Janet for taking me, it was so fun!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

SO cute! Those will be some pictures you will treasure forever!!!

And I love the one with Brylee, grandpa, and Janet! The smile on Janets face is priceless! Such a good grandma!

Hope you are having fun with Rusty:)Glad you guys can be together more!!!

Whitings said...

I also love generation photos. I have one with My grandma, my mom, me, and Paxon when Paxon was about 3 months old. Paxon has only met my mom's parents; he still has not met my dad's parents back in Philadelphia. And Ryan hasn't met either. It's very sad to me! Your pictures look great Ash!