Rusty was able to come home after two weeks in Miami, and I have never been so excited. Since I wasn't such a good wife before he left, I was determined to make the first trip home fun. Thankfully, Janet agreed to watch Brylee for us the first day so that Rusty and I could have a sort of second honeymoon. We spent time with her the afternoon he flew in, then got to stay in this cool little suite in Scottsdale. It was amazing to be able to see Rust again. We went to breakfast with Dennis and Janet and then spent the day being a family, an afternoon nap and all. We then went to Schnepf Farm since Rusty had never been there, even though we have lived in Mesa for ten years! Cameron and Lea were up to going, and well the pictures say it all! It's always a good photo-op with Rusty and Cameron together. Between no ice cream to go with the free pie they gave us for only having two of the items on their menu available, and Lea freaking out a little about the skeleton guy running up behind her, it was a fun and interesting night!
Saturday is always a good day when you start with General Conference and then take a break to eat some food, see your family, and of course play some all family, all ages football. And, of course a dog. We Wilkins met at the Anthem park to eat, play, and compete of course! Brylee even got to swing for her first time.
Rusty had to leave on Sunday right after the first session of conference to catch his plane. I have to say, as sad as it is, it does get easier to watch him walk away. I still cried but only for a little bit. It was a really good distraction to come home and watch conference. I have to say, it was a pretty good first trip home!
No comments:
Post a Comment