Well, I did it and I will never do it again! It was horrible, heartbreaking, and down right sad. But dang, she looks so cute! Yes, I peirced her ears! Rusty really wanted them done, and I thought I did too until I sat in the chair with her on my lap. When you go to the doctor for immunizations, you know that it is for their own good. It protects them, strengthens them, but this..... no this was just plain vanity! It's not like she gets accused all the time of being a boy so I had this complex and ran to get it done, she is really all girl. I sat in the chair and she was in a really good mood. Ashley and Brooklyn came with me since Becky swore she wouldn't come! I was glad Ash was there for MY moral support! The lady did the first one and when I heard Brylee cry, I knew she was hurt. I grabbed her to hold her still and everything in me wanted to scream, "NO, DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!", but how funny would that have looked? She did them both really fast and then I grabbed Brylee to try to console her. When I spun her around, she was screaming with only a whisper coming out. Through all of her surgeries, castings, and shots, she has never cried like that. And all I was left with was the feeling that it was all my fault and for no good reason. I felt like a mean mom, (probably didn't help that two ladies were in there teasing me that I was a mean mom). But eventually, she calmed down and even smiled! I have to say, she is adorable with them in, but I think my next daughter will have to wait. They don't remember and it only hurts for a minute, but I can't forget. Ya, she will have to wait until she is begging, then I can say "YOU wanted it!"



No comments:
Post a Comment