So, I have been going through my memory card and realizing how behind I am. I have had a whole lot happen since this casting, but I will try to remember for journaling sake. This was a very interesting casting. The appointment was scheduled for 9:15 am over by Phoenix Children's Hospital. That is an hour and fifteen minute drive in decent traffic from where we live. So, of course I thought I had everything together the night before, but when I saw that the clock read 8:00 am and I was still not loaded, I realized I was not as organized as I thought. I woke her up to go, which never bods well for me since I knew she would be really hungry. About half way down Ironwood toward the freeway, she started screaming and didn't stop until we got to the appointment. Needless to say, it didn't surprise me that I made it there in 45 minutes! I was in a little bit of a rush!
They cut off the casts first just like normal, but this time they sent me across the courtyard to a place called hanger. They fitted her there for the brace she will be wearing in three weeks. After that, Dr. Segal came in to do the casting and when he looked at her feet, said that she is ready for the surgery! What was even more of a shock was that they were going to do it the following Monday. That was four days away! Needless to say, I was really excited and nervous all at the same time.
These are her feet before the 5th casting. Lookin' good!



No comments:
Post a Comment