6/23/09

Delightful

I have so many other things needing to be done today. I have many calls to return, thank you cards to finally get out (so sorry!), groceries to get, packages to mail, clothes to pick up from the cleaners, and dinner to get ready. Plus, I am most excited of all to say that today, I start to run again. I think I am ready. But before all of that I have to announce.......

THE MEDICINE IS WORKING!!!!!!

Friday night was a doozy. The special formula that they put Brylee on was starting to help, but she would still scream so bad that I had to blow in her face to get her to breathe. That night, I called in a favor and we got some Zantac for her. Saturday wasn't great, in fact I was hoping she would have been better, but Sunday was AMAZING! We got to celebrate Father's Day next to daddy in Sacrament meeting. She started to get cranky but Daddy soon took her out, and she was sleeping peaceful in his protective arms in no time. It was so good to be there and to take the Sacrament again. The only thing that made it better was celebrating how awesome Dad's are.....particularly Rusty. His gift was not homemade, nor was it expensive. It was definitely not the best present I have ever given, but it was from the heart.

My gift to Rusty this year was a three-pack of Cracker Jack's and a case of Otter Pops. Now I know that doesn't seem like much, and it would take way to long to explain the sweet and sentimental meaning behind the two of them, but Rusty knew, and I believe he liked his first Father's Day. I was grateful to have a day to tell him how much I love him, and to let him know that Brylee does too.....she even told me! I also have to say how grateful I am for my Dad. He taught me so much, even though he wasn't physically there a lot of the time. He taught me what it means to have integrity, to work hard, and to make your dreams come true no matter what. He is an amazing example of a self-made man. He worked his way to the top of two major companies without more than a semester of college, and it was work. He pulled himself up out of a childhood I can't fathom, with a drunk abusive father, to make something great out of himself. He had no example of what a father was, and I am so grateful for the father that he was to me! I also can't exclude my Father-In-Law, who I am also extremely grateful for. He raised Rusty to be a man among men. He taught his family the gospel, and they in turn teach their children the gospel. I don't think you can have a better legacy than that. He also loves me, which is kinda nice too! To all of you other father's out there that I love, Mike, Chris, and all my brother-in-laws, here is a way to go to you too.

So, while I have so many things to do right now, I can't think of anything better than to sit here with you, and count my blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley-hi my name is Alexa (Irvine)Finch and a friend of mine was telling me how you and Rusty were having a hard time with Brylee and her crying and I just read how you have her on formula-I am assuming it is probably the expensive ultra sensitive kind-if it is please just let me know what kind your using because a friend of mine has cases of all different kinds that her baby couldn't use. She is just wanting to get rid of them and seriously has some of every type out there-all unopened. Anyway if you are interested please let me know, I would be more than happy to mail them to you-I also have a colicy baby and I understand just how much stress it can add to life. My email address is alexa_finch@hotmail. Good luck and congrats on your beautiful baby.

Lisa said...

Ashley I think I cry every time I read your blog. Thank you for your strength!! What an amazing and difficult adventure you and Rusty are in!

I'm glad your baby is feeling better! yay

Lauren said...

I'm sooooo glad to hear that it's working. Seeriously, it will be like she is a completely different baby. Keep it up, mama, you're doing so great!

Eve and Tim DeLoach x2 said...

I havnt had a chance to say congrats on your beautiful baby girl. Isnt crazy what life throws at us?! I can totally relate to what you went threw before you got pregnant. I remember when you 1st got prego you bore your testimony in church and you said something along the lines... that you knew that you would have a baby one day because thats what your P blessing said and that always thought about that while trying to get prego, and you just had to have faith that that was true. I was crying in church at that moment sitting on the same page with you. I have always felt that same way since mine says the same thing!! But everything happens for a reason and there is a time for everything! Congrats again!!