5/30/09

"Play by Play"


So let the fun begin. I am really bad at writing, but I've got to stay entertained for the next 2 days. We are here at the hospital. The good news is she has progressed a little on her own (not enough to get excited). The bad news... its the end of the 1st quarter and the Cav's are down by 6. Because she is 6 days overdue and she is not dilating they are about to give her cervidil. That will take 12 hours and then they will start the pitocin to start the contractions.Before all of that, it's time for dinner :) This will take awhile... I'll keep you posted.

Quick update. Bad news... Cav's lost :( Good News... We are making progress. She has been on the cervidil for an hour and a half. It is starting to give her contractions. She is now able to get up and walk around. We went on a short walk and saw the nursery. It is so weird to think we will see our little girls face within the next 2 days. On a side note... They forget to tell the dude that it is freaking cold in this part of the hospital. So far so good!

Well we are in round 2. OK, I'll be honest. This is not that cool. I can't stand to see people in pain. It is much worse to see my wife in pain. She is starting to dilate more. She is now at a 2. The cervidil is working faster than we thought. We just had a nurse tell us she is going to give Ash a broomstick to bight down on. We gave a sympathy laugh (I want to knock her block off). She is having "back labor" so we are getting a ball for her to lay on. The "drug doctor" came in and talked to her about the epidural. We can only hope it continues to speed up.

Ash is a TROUPER! She stayed on the ball with very consistent contractions. The nurses came in at 10:35 to check her. She was at a 4!! She is doing great. She has hardly made a peep. Then at 10:45 we had a visit from the HAPPY DOCTOR (he is a really nice guy). Ash has a new best friend. Her epidural is now in and she is one happy girl. They are going to leave the cervidil in to keep her progressing. She is a super star! Now she can get some rest. We should welcome our little girl into the world by the morning. This is NUTZ!!

We have come to the end of the 3rd quarter. I don't know what the score is, but I know Ash is winning. The epidural took effect at 11:15. Our nurse Kathy came in to check her at 12:10 and calls to our moms went out. She is at an eight. Kathy keeps saying she is blown away at how fast she is progressing. Ash is "Strep B" so she needs antibiotics. Kathy planned on doing the 2nd round at 3:30 and she is now worried Brylee will be here before then. I have always known Ash was amazing, but tonight just lets me know how much I married up!

OK, for all the soon to be dads out there, when your wife is moving fast... Don't leave to get something out of the cafeteria. 1:40 her water broke. Brylee is on her way. The nurse had her do a practice push and I got to see her head. She has LOADS of hair!!! It looks like she is going to come before Dr. Beck makes it. Next update will be about our sweet little girl :)

SHE IS HERE! Our little Brylee Rae Wilkins has arived. She was born Sunday, May 31, 2009 @ 2:18 AM. She is 8lb. 6oz. 20 1/2 inches. She is very healthy. Ash is doing great. We are very lucky, she does not look like dad. She is beautiful like her mother. She is having her 1st meal and it is making dad jelious. We are so blessed to have this little mirical in our lives. It is like everyone tells you "INSTANT LOVE." Ash did amazing! Everyone here is blown away at how fast she delivered. The best part about this is how much my love has grown for my Eternal Best Friend. Ash... "I thought I loved you then"

Love,

Your Eternal Best Friend

28 comments:

David and Meredith said...

Ashley - I have been checking your blog, waiting to see baby Brylee, and it looks like the wait will soon be over! Hang in there! You're a tough chick! You'll do a great job. I am so excited for you and Rusty!

Laura said...

I've been checking your blog religiously! I agree you are one tough chick (although I worry about Rusty a little:) Please keep us posted this is so exciting!

justin and sherrie said...

Congrats that you are actually at the hospital, that just stinks you have to wait so long. FYI, Justin almost froze his nuts off, especially once Koy was born so you might want to have someone bring your snow suit and parka to the hospital. Good luck!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey guys hang in there, try to relax as much as possible, once they start the pit it will get alot worse real fast! don't mean to scare you just a heads up!

I was on that with Ry, it did make for a long wait but it was worth it! Once they started the pit, my body was ready and it went really fast.

Just make sure that several hours before they pull her off of it and start the pit that she doesn't eat anything, they forgot to tell me that, and I was throwing up the whole time! Not fun!!

Good luck and see you tomorrow!!

Whitings said...

This is so exciting!! I am so happy for you guys! Paxon was "sunny side up" so I had horrible back labor-Ash I totally sympathize for you!!! Rusty, hang in there!

bec said...

You look great girl! We are excited for you!

Jennifer said...

Yay she is here I can't wait to see pics. I am so so glad that everything went so well. Congrats you guys!!!! Your baby is here :) Rusty thanks for the play by play it was awesome!

Laura said...

Thanks guys I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes on a Sunday morning. I'm so happy for your family. Can't wait for pictures.

Jace and Cadence said...

congrats on your baby girl!! It's the best feeling in the world.

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Yay, can't wait to see her!!

The Bells said...

We love you guys! What an amazing experience to have together! Your "toughness" doesn't suprise me Ash! We are sooooo excited to meet sweet Brylee! We told Bronx his little sister is here.... and i think he's pretty excited too ;) Hang in there you guys! See you soon!

Whitings said...

Seriously Rusty, you actually made me cry! You are so sweet!

Ashley I am SO stinking proud of you! I wish we were still in AZ so we could see you guys and Brylee sooner than the 4th!

Devon worked the night shift last night and is passed out, but got to see Rusty's text before he was out and he just smiled so big!

We love you guys!

Rylee said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures. Loved reading the play by play Rust!

Becky said...

It's really hard to eat chips and dip after church with tears in my eyes and goose bumps all over. I am so so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Bret said...

Rust- nice commentary. Congratulations you guys. We can't wait to see some pics!

Bret said...

Nice Commentary Rust. Good job Ash. Congratulations guys. We can't wait to see some pics!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And she's born on my birthday to boot :D

-Amy & Denver

texas_princess1109 said...

Great play-by-play Rusty! We're so excited to see Brylee!

The Herberts said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I am SO happy for you! I am out of town, but will be back this week. I can't wait to meet Miss Brylee! Great job Ash & Rusty! We are THRILLED for you!

britney said...

Congratulations you guys! Welcome to parenthood.... Im glad you both do well, and hope you at least get a little rest. Rusty - you are so sweet to your wife. Your post made me cry.. :) Good job Ashley!

Jenn said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys and so glad all went well! We can't wait to meet her!!! Bentley is excited to have a new cousin so close to:)
Love you guys

David and Meredith said...

Congratulations!!! A healthy baby girl! Can't wait to see pictures! Get all the sleep you can in the hospital!

Kiera said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! She made it! that's SO awesome your delivery went so quick:)That's an awesome story and I can't wait to meet her!!! Congrats you guys!

Lauren said...

Ok, how funny is it that I was going to call today and ask, "Where the heck is your baby?" So glad she's here, she's such a pretty girl! Glad Ash is doing good, I can't wait to see you! Love you both, well I guess you 3 so much :) Give her big kisses from the Whitings for us.

Mele said...

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see pictures, glad Ashley is doing so well. Pitocin is never fun but sounds like everything went awesome!

The Clarks said...

YAY!!! She is here!! pics pics pics!! Congrats you guys we are so happy for you

Katlyn Papa said...

I don't check your blog for 2 days and I miss is all! Congratulations. She sounds perfect. Good job Ash.