I can't help but laugh at the ticker on my blog. How funny it is to look at it tell me that my baby is 1 day old! REALLY?!?! Are you sure? Cuz the last time I checked, she was still engaged in one mean game of patty cake between her feet and my right sided ribs. I was at a dinner "get-together" last night, it was a nice distraction from the fact that I had gone through my whole due date becoming no closer to having a baby. However, my little girls due date did not pass without some definite mile-stones.
Rusty is the GREATEST husband in the world. Not just because he cleaned not only my carpets yesterday, but also scrubbed my couches. He worked hard.....and I watched. I tried to do little things around him like moving laundry from one contraption to the other, or washing walls. I thought it was so that he wouldn't think of me as the "lazy wife", but I know it is because I feel like the lazy wife. After doing all that work, (and knocking his tooth out), he came to my aid when my ankles had swollen to kankles, and placed iced on them very gently. He was tired and I was complaining. He loves me....and it's awesome! I love him too! So very much....
We are ready I think. While driving to return the rug doctor, we looked at each other and nodded. She can come now. Well....she could have come two weeks ago (if I had had my choice), but we have now accomplished all the things on our "TO DO" list. I know our next kid will not return home to a completely spotless home and clean carpets, but she is our first. Put this on the list of advantages they get. Heaven knows they have to suffer enough being the Guinea pig of the family.
A lot has happened since I have been on a slight blog strike. Rusty in all his husbandly-awesomeness has put in a backyard for me. Thank heavens no more dust! I wish I would have known how much dusting this would save me and dirt it would have saved my house. I would have done it three years ago! Live and learn I guess. Rusty did an awesome job! I am so proud of him! He did it all by himself pretty much. The design, the set-up, he thought of all himself. And, it works! I will post pics later. Thank you babe!
Ok, I'm going to go lay in Lori's pool and try to escape this never-ending heat.
Thank you to all who have called, text, or sent well wishes in other forms. I promise to update everyone if and when the big moment happens. Love you all!
8 comments:
You won't be pregnant forever. And Rob says it isn't that hot out. I just kicked him for you, too. Tell you sisnlaw to give me a buzz when your babe is here!
Ashley I so can feel your pain. With Cole my due date came and went. Hang in there I am thinking about you. Hopefully you don't have to go a full week over like me, but even if you do it is so worth it in the end.
I can't wait to see your backyard! That's awesome!
Brylee will be here before you know it, and she will come home from the hospital and think how wonderful her parents are for scrubbing the carpet, couches, and walls so she has a nice clean target to poop and throw up all over : ) I'm totally just kidding, they really aren't messy until they are at least a few weeks old! I had scrubbed everything I could right before Paxon came and it made me feel good and ready to bring the new baby home. What do they call it? Nesting...
I can feel your pain! My first was a week late, just hang in there it will all be worth it in the end.
Good job Rusty! Now that I know you have mad carpet cleaning skills I'm going to hire you. Okay Ashley this is getting ridiculous! Show up to your doctors office in a wheelchair and put on the waterworks already. I can't wait to meet her!!!
She'll eventually come but enjoy the last little bit where you can feel her inside of you cuz I thought it was kind of wierd not to feel Koy in there anymore. I'm sorry you've gone over your due date, I did too but finally went into labor the day before they were going to start me. We can't wait to see what she looks like! Until then, take lots of naps and eat a lot of ice cream. :)
Okay, now she is just being stubborn!
SO SOON!! I'm so excited for you! Rusty is so sweet, it'll be so nice not to have to think about cleaning for a little while with a new baby!! Time goes by so fast once they are here it's funny how slow it goes when you are waiting for them!
Post a Comment