To Do Lists......I am a huge fan of them. Really, if I don't have one, stuff doesn't get done at my house....or in my life. So, lately, I have started to realize that there is 9 weeks left before my life changes in a major way, and I'm not ready. This spurred me to get into action. This week I have been able to tackle many things on my "Get ready for Brylee" list. First, I finally decided on baby bedding. This has been a long time coming. I have wanted a great deal, but also know myself and know that if I don't get something that I love, I will live in regret. For those who know me, I am not super girly. This has lead to many months of debating what bedding I should choose. I am sure to many of you, the bedding I decided on is not for a little girl's nursery room. Well, too bad, (and I say that with a ton of love!). She doesn't know the difference right now, and I'm the one who will be in it to enjoy it the most. Don't get me wrong, when she starts to get older, she will get the room full of the things she enjoys, but for now, I get to decorate the nursery. So, this is the bedding I chose.....

We also have bought the dresser and the crib. Actually, let me re-phrase that. We bought the dresser, but my mother always buys the first baby in each family a nice crib. It's my parents gift, which they hope will last through all of our children. Rusty and I have been so grateful for that. Thanks Mom and Dad! Here they are....


My mom and I also picked out her blessing dress, which is nice to have picked. We will just have to see if she will take after her mom and her neck might not fit the dress. (Yes, I am a contender for the chubbiest kid ever!) It feels so good to finally have decisions made and things off my list. Some girls from work are throwing me my first shower next weekend, they are so sweet. Hopefully after that I will feel more prepared. Plus, my sister is coming into town this next week for her kids spring break (Hallelujah!!), and we will be painting her room. Lots to get done but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! Thank goodness for families huh?!?!?!?!?!
6 comments:
Oh I wish I could have seen you this week but I am so happy that you got your crib and stuff. I love love love love the bedding it's so cute.
Sorry about the clubbed foot but it sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you are up against and I am sure she will be just fine. I can't wait to meet her she will be beautiful. She going to have wonderful parents. You are going to be a great mom. There is a chance we are going to be in California not Chicago now so I hopefully we will be closer so I can meet her sooner rather then later :) Good luck in the months to come!
Looks so cute! She will be such a princess. Check out Gavin's pics from his blessing. I almost didn't get his top button to button! It was a little dicey, but we got it!
Ashley-
I love it! I love it all. That is so my taste and not they girlie pink frilly crap. No offense to those who love that.
And can I please say that I love you and Rust so much. You two never cease to amaze with your strength and spirit. You guys are going to be the greatest parents to that lucky little girl! I can't wait to meet her!!!
I love love love the bedding!! Fab. choice!
Love the name, love the bedding, love that you & Rusty are soooo excited! Can't wait for her arrival...I'm sure she's a cutie!
-Denver & Amy
Ashley, Brylee's bedding is adorable! I think it is so cute! Let me know if you decide on what quote you want for her room. You can find ideas on my website.
Post a Comment