1/9/09

Hmmmm....butterflies!

So, when I found out I was pregnant, I swore that my children would all have a journal of their own. I didn't promise to write in it everyday, that would be unrealistic for me, but I did tell myself that at least twice a year I would update it with how they had grown and changed. The only exception to that was while I was pregnant. I told myself that I would document this momentous event in our lives, hers and mine and daddy's. I want her to be able to read how much I love her, even without seeing her. I want her to have a glimpse of who she was to me before we had actually met. So.........not a word as of yet has been written. A journal so far has not been purchased. But, I do have this growing desire to show her who she was, and who I was with her. So, I decided to start writing today on the computer. I can compile later. I know, I know, there is something about reading the WRITTEN word, but I have read my grandmothers journals and I swear I miss half of the important things through rough translation of her language. (very cursive handwriting) So, I start writing and if anyone has ideas of how to compile the journal, please let me know.

I have had many people ask me to do a pregnancy update. So, I shall. I am not including a picture in this post for a very good reason, I only look really pregnant without much clothing on. I am not a big fan of parading myself around the Internet in anything but fully clothed, so maybe next update. There is however a baby bump there. It looks like I sat down and ate a gallon of Ben and Jerry's rather than life beginning, but it is there. I officially felt her for the first time on Sunday December 28th. I had felt things before but told everyone that I wouldn't count it until I was sure it was her. This time it was different. We had journeyed to Mesa to be with Cameron and Ashley at Brooklyn's blessing. After the sacrament, I think our little one got excited to be here, because she started flipping around in there enough that I was sure it was her. I remember telling Rusty "I am 95% sure that was her!" Since that day, she has said "Hello" to me at least four to five times a day. She hates it when I wear a belt, she seems to kick and kick in that same spot. It doesn't matter how much it will hurt later on, I still can't help but smile when she lets me know she is awake and moving. In church last Sunday I almost got the giggles she was pelting me so much. I just sat there grinning from ear to ear. The only thing I long for now is for her to kick hard enough for her daddy to feel. Rusty puts his hand on my belly, but she stops moving. I figure she is getting a head start on teasing him......which I am sure will be a mutual theme in our house for...say... 18,20,30 years. She will always know he loves her, he won't ever stop pestering her I assume.

As far as the other parts of pregnancy, for me there isn't much. I feel really good 90% of the time. Sleep seems to want to evade me every night, but Benadryl has become my best weapon against that. When I asked my doctor if it was ok to take it every night his response was, "Ya if it helps you sleep..take it! She will just take a nap with you!" I am excited to be officially half way done. Something about that mark on the calendar being behind me gets me excited. I guess it's because I have had such a good pregnancy that there were days I forgot I was with child. Knowing that I am halfway through gives me butterflies. I know that the hardest part is still ahead. I know that anything can happen. But, I also know she is closer to being in my arms that not. And that makes me grin too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley!
Joyce here...just passing by and wanted to say "congratulations" for making it 1/2 way through your pregnancy! Can't wait to see your baby girl...I'm sure she'll be as beautiful as her mommy! :)

Anyways...a friend of mine told me about this online journal lds website so, I thought since you were looking to journal your events, this might help ya! I've only made one entry since I joined but, I think it's an awesome site and what you might be looking for!

http://www.ldsjournal.com/

Take care...Joyce Saena :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley!
Joyce here...passing by! Just wanted to congratulate you on passing your 1/2 way mark of pregnancy!
Here is a site that I've used (once) but, I'm a member of...it might help you with your journaling! :) Check it out...it's called lds journal, hope you like it.
http://www.ldsjournal.com/
Take care,
Joyce Saena

Becky said...

for me, hands down favorite part is feeling them kick. Enjoy, enjoy!

Jenifer said...

I enjoyed every single second of my first pregnancy (exept the morning sickness). Everything is so new and exciting. I can't wait to get to meet that sweet little girl. Thanks for the pregnancy update. I love to hear what is goin on with you guys!

Kiera said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your baby girl!! That's SO exciting! She is going to be so adorable, i'm so excited for you guys! I love your journaling, thats such a good idea! I would love to read something like that from my mom when she was pregnant with me!

Whitings said...

Feeling the baby is the best feeling during pregnancy! That is so exciting! I am glad you are feeling good. I'm so glad we got to see you guys, and breakfast was awesome! Thank you guys again! Love you tons! And miss you more...