12/5/08

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


Just had to write a quick note for Elder Wirthlin. Just a week ago in Relief Society we were joking that every general conference, everyone says, "That will be the last time we hear from Elder Wirthlin." Well, this time it was true. What a great man! His talk at this conference was #1 on my "Talks that most affected me" list. "Come what may, and love it!" I suggest anyone who hasn't read or reread it, to take out your Ensign and get to reading. When I found out today that he had passed away on Monday night peacefully in his sleep, I felt such a sense of relief. What a life well lived, and an example to all of us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rusty & Ashley! Cute blog! I agree 100% with your comments on Elder Wirthlin...what an awesome man. AND...congratulations on your BIG news, we couldn't be more excited for you two (and 1/2)!

Whitings said...

That was very nice Ash! I want to pregnancy photos though!

Matt and Crystal Belshe said...

when do you guys find out what your having?