10/29/08

Playing Catch Up

It's pretty sad when your husband calls you from work and has to ask if you could PLEASE update the blog! I haven't felt much like doing anything lately, so really only the most important things have been getting done, ie, laundry, eating, sleeping (here and there), and work. Other than that, I have pretty much been on the couch asleep. The great news is, I really can't complain that much. I haven't been near as sick as many I know (so sorry Jennie!), and I am already starting to come out of it! For the past three days, I have only been nauseous on and off at night, and I can start to eat things that are outside the realm of grilled cheese and tomato soup, and fresh from the garden tomatoes from my amazing mother in law and a little bit of low fat cottage cheese. My energy is finally picking up enough that my daily walks through the cotton fields with Bronx have resumed, and I am finally getting my house back into the swing of dinner being ready, floors vacuumed, and things clean. There has been quite a bit that has happened since I announced our little one so I will try to go back and catch up without boring all of you!

1. Rusty had a BIRTHDAY!! That's right, my husband is as old as me now! He turned 26 on October 15Th. Unfortunately, I wasn't that great at his birthday this year, but it all ended up working out in the end....huh honey!!! I love you so much, and am grateful everyday that your mother didn't stop after Josh! I think I should send a huge shout out to Janet also! She and Dennis raised one amazing man, and I am so eternally grateful! Oh, and next year, we will do it right, maybe I will get creative again like Vegas!

2. I know that everyone says that nesting starts at eight months, but I think they are all smoking crack! I have really been into "Spring Cleaning" now that the weather is cooling down. I love that I can open my windows at night and let a breeze through my house. I imagine this imaginary burst of air sweeping through my house and taking with it all things stuffy, dirty, and old. The only problem with that is that with that gust of air in Mesa, you get a whole lot of dust on EVERYTHING! So, a few weekends ago, Rusty and I took on the task of cleaning carpets and our couches with our good friend, THE RUG DOCTOR!

This is what my kitchen looked like during the whole process!

This is after cleaning carpets, couches, baseboards, and blinds! I love how clean it is!


Then, this last weekend, Rusty and I pretty much cut our front yard down to nothing. I really want to change the plants and shrubs in our front yard, so we cut everything down so that when we decide, we can start to plant. Then somehow I suckered Rusty into helping me scrub bathrooms really good. I don't think they have been that clean since we moved in. I love when Rusty mops the floors and baseboards because Janet taught him well! Ya, I think nesting can hit at any time!

3. Last, but definitely not least, yesterday we had our second doctors appointment. We got to hear the heartbeat this time! Everyone had told me how awesome it is to hear it for the first time. Honestly, I just kept thinking that it couldn't be that much better than seeing my baby for the first time, but WOW......I was way wrong! Hearing that heartbeat was the coolest thing I have ever heard. Because of my career, I have watched hundreds of ultrasounds of women expecting. As I watched our baby's heartbeat, I thought "How cool, that's a baby in there!", but it almost seemed like I was just in there again for someone else's ultrasound. When the N.P put that doppler on me and she found the heartbeat and then compared it to mine, I couldn't find words! I just sat there with a huge smile on my face. The baby all of sudden became OURS! It wasn't another woman who I was listening to, it was MY baby's heartbeat. AMAZING! They will do another ultrasound at 18 weeks for the growth and sex of the baby. I can't wait. I have already picked out what type of stroller travel system I want, and am pretty much decided on color scheme for both sexes, I just need to know what this little person is so I can decide. I think I will go pretty neutral anyway so it will work for all of my babies.

So, needless to say, we have been busy. Hopefully now that I am starting to feel better, I will be much better at updating!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better :) I can't wait for you to find out the sex, this is so exciting, love you guys!

Jennifer and Jason said...

Sounds like you guys are doing so so good. I am still way excited for you. You have to post the second you find out what the baby is I can't wait! Pretty soon you will start feeling the baby move and everything. It only gets better from here, now that the sickness has died down. Take care of yourself I am happy you are feeling better :) love ya!