5/20/08

VIVA LA MEXICO!!!

I have found my new favorite place to go for a weekend getaway! I have been to Rocky Point before but this time was so much fun that I fell in love with it. Thanks to our friends Cameron and Ashley, we stayed at a beach house for $25 for the entire weekend! The place didn't have A/C but the nights were cool enough that we could still sleep pretty comfortable. I was really excited to see how Bronx did in the water. "They" say that boxers don't normally do well in water but he loved it! He swam and played and dug around a ton! We got lots of compliments on him as well! What can I say, he is just a dog that everyone loves! Even though the one road side place we ate made us all sick, (all except Rusty), we ate great and had a ton of fun! It is amazing what just sitting by the ocean can do for you! We did have a few funny moments with the language though! Cameron went in to get some cotton balls at a local pharmacia and when he asked the girl if they had any, her response was "Cotton Balls?"(Looking confused) "Ummm.. (pointing to the condoms over her shoulder) cotton balls?!?!?" Uhhh, I guess you could relate them! Plus, when we hit the border, the officer took all of our passports and stuff and asked if we brought anything back with us. Cameron decided it would be funny to ask if Marijuana is ok to transport. Dude, the officer didn't find that very funny, after 5 minutes of the whole " I am a federal officer and you wouldn't go up to a street cop and tell him you just robbed a bank would you?", speech, he let us go with out a search. Man, I love Mexico!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey maybe now we can talk you guys into coming with us in October! Congrats on 3. It only gets better!

Jenn said...

I love going to Mexico. Did you have fun?