So my life is in a crazy place at the moment and I knew with wedding receptions and well....just life that this weekend would be too busy to take my mom out for Mother's Day, so I went up to RV last weekend to take her out to dinner. I left Friday and drove up with a puking dog...ewwww, and made it in time to do what my mom and I love to do best, we sat and watched an old black and white movie together! If my mom didn't have TCM, TNT, or QVC, on her T.V I think she might pass from this life with a broken heart! It was fun to sit and relax and curl up on her bed with her like I used to! Then, my sister and I took her out for dinner at Molly Butler's Lodge. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the best steak house...well just food really that you have ever ate! I worked there all through high school and even right after and it is beautiful. It is set right up against the mountains in Greer and I highly suggest everyone go! Anyways, we had a great time just us girls and it was perfect timing for us eat, go home and sleep the night and get to the valley for the birth of little Taylee! (I will post pics later!)
I really love my mom! When I was around 9 or 10 years old, my dad took a position at his company that made him live out-of-state and commute home about once a month. It was because of all of that time being a "single mom" so to speak, that I realized how strong a person she is! She got her three kids dressed for church, lunches made, held down a part-time job cleaning houses with a friend, always made time for bike-rides by the river in Denver, and loved us SOOOO much! Until we moved back to RV, she did all of this without any family even somewhat close by. She is strong and amazing! She was born to the best set of grandparents that have ever walked this earth and they taught her to work hard! Many times I can say I have seen my mom out-work a man! She is awesome and I am so grateful that she raised me and taught me how to be a strong woman also! Thanks mom for the example of faith, hope, trust, and hard work! I love you and Happy Mother's Day!
(You can see how short she is that both my sister and I had to bend down in the pic!)
2 comments:
Love, Love LOVE Molly Butlers... best ribs ever! Lucky you!
that was such a sweet post!
Post a Comment