4/20/08

All over the place

Just to warn everyone, this post will be all over the place. Even as I am typing this, I have no idea how it will make sense, but o'well! Yesterday morning Rusty and I had Ma and Pa training for the trek. We got to see all of the activities that we will be doing and to get some information about the trek in general. I CAN'T WAIT! I know that many who read my blog went on the same trek that I did and they know how hard/awesome/spiritual it was. I can't help but really want the same things for the youth that will be going in a few months. The stake made a comment yesterday that really hit me. Our Stake Young Women's President said that we either make it or break it for these kids. I know that I loved Ma and Pa Davis after going through that with them, but the thought of me and my husband "possibly" being the reason that a kid DOESN'T go home with a stronger testimony kills me! That is a lot of pressure! I sometimes feel like I just came out of young women's and am more on their level than I should be! I just hope and pray that we know by the spirit how best to lead our "family"! Even with all of that, the activities that they have planned for the youth are AWESOME! They are doing one strictly around the Han's Mill Massacre that I know will make me cry! I just get goose bumps thinking about it! I am just so grateful that we have this amazing opportunity!



So, after all of that, Rusty and I came home and relaxed before......UFC 83!!! I know, I know, it's not lady like to like watching two guys "kill" each other in the ring but....O'well! It was awesome! Rusty has been telling the young men for a long time that we would order a fight and they could come over and watch it. We had some YM and our friends Cam and Ashley over, plus our Bishop showed up for the last couple of fights! A couple of our young men have had a tough time this week when friends of their were killed or seriously hurt in a really bad accident. As I walked into my kitchen to throw in a couple more pizzas, they came in and just broke down! It is always hard to know what to say to people while they are in the process of grieving. I just wrapped him and his brother up in a big hug and tried to let them know how much Heavenly Father loves them and knows that they are having a hard time. I cried all through sacrament today watching them slump over and cry. The only thing that you can hope for is that they come out on the other side with an increased testimony and an awareness that they are not invincible like we all thought when we were at that age. Even with all of that, I think they appreciated the opportunity no to have to think about it for a few hours and do something fun. After all of the tears, we watched as GSP reclaimed his title! It was a beautiful moment! OF COURSE GSP pulled out the win and beat Serra thank goodness!

As I write this, I just can't help but be so thankful for the gospel! Every amazing experience helps to shape my testimony of it!

8 comments:

Laura said...

My brother order the fight too. The first fight with the red-head guy was the first one I had ever seen and it was GROSS! The guys kept telling me that it was especially bloody and blah blah. By the time we got to the final fight I have to admit it was fun.

You and Rusty are going to rock as a ma and pa! The youth totally love you guys.

Katlyn Papa said...

Mike went over to his brothers house to watch the fight, but I missed it. I did not want to wrestle kids too.
The trek hu? I would be really stressed! I would have made a horrible pioneer! You and Rusty on the other hand will be perfect! You guys are awesome!

Rylee said...

I'm with Leslie, I would have made a horrible pioneer too, but the trek is such an AWESOME experience, you guys will be s great! Loved reading this post by the way.

Rylee said...

I'm with Leslie, I would have made a horrible pioneer too, but the trek is such an AWESOME experience! The kids that get you as a ma and pa will be so lucky! Loved reading this post by the way.

Whitings said...

Oh that is so hard to loose friends at such a young age! I'm glad you were there to comfort them Ash, you just have a loving, warm spirit about you and it is very comforting! Unfortunately we can't relate with the fight, no y to watch it, but we can relate to wakeboarding! AWESOME! Have you seen the pictures from this weekend? I am so friggin pissed I wasn't there! Can you guys make it to Apache this weekend? Or will you be in Mexico?

Anonymous said...

Ashley
I totally blog stocked you through Amber. But we are total UFC fans so I had to comment. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd get into this kind of thing but I love it!

ambrosia said...

wow your post was all over the place! ;0) I just wanted to tell you that you did all you can do for those boys. It is heartbreaking watching them in pain but all you can do is just love them. I just went thru that with my cousin passing away and just seeing my other cousins who were his best friends suffering. I had the hardest time because I felt helpless! but you just hope that the spirit will kick in. also I cannot believe you guys watch the fights!! eric and i are freaks about it and none of our friends watch them so we order it for ourselves and watch it alone. we will have to meet up for the next one!

The Bells said...

what a great fight!