2/11/08

"I think I have the black lung Pop!?!?!"

Ok, if you were to listen to Rusty talk right now, it would sound like he just smoked about 10 packs right in a row! He has been fighting this for a week now, and Sunday night, finally I won the argument and made him go to the urgent care that I work for. After checking him for strep, doing a breathing treatment, drawing blood, and a chest x-ray, they decided that he has pneumonia! It was so funny watching him with the breathing treatment! The Albuterol makes most people really jittery ,so after, he was so tired but looked like they had given him some speed! When he was eating the nuggets I got him from McDoanlds, his hand just shook so bad trying to get it from the box to his mouth! I think he would have rather skipped the treatment and just taken the inhaler they gave him. Then after we left, we went and spent an hour waiting for the perscriptions to be done. By the time we got home it was after 10:00 pm. Needless to say, neither one of us is feeling great today! So, for the next three days, he gets to stay home with me and help me with stuff I have to get done for my calling. I think I will set him on the couch and make him glue some stuff for invitiations for me. He is sooooo excited!! I do have to say that he has been a pretty good patient though! Today our brother-in-law Kyle will come by to give him a blessing, and I will feel so much better. We have to repeat all of the stuff in 5 days to make sure that the pneumonia is clearing, but I think he should be fine. Rusty tried to argue with the Doctor about going back to work sooner, but it didn't work! The doctor told him if he doesn't rest as much as possible in the next two days, he will end up admitting him to the hospital for IV treatment. I think that scarred him enough that he might actually listen. So if you haven't heard from us and you wonder what we are up to....we are just sitting at home starring at eachother! I will post pics later of him. Right now I have to go tend to the patient!

4 comments:

Rylee said...

Poor Rustin. Feel better soon. Glad you are there to make him get some rest Ashley.

Laura said...

Is that what it takes to get Rusty to take a few days off? Let me know if you need anything.

Enjoy the Journey said...

Awww.. Rusty GET BETTER! Ash is there anything that we can do to help? We are here if you need us!

Jenn said...

Janet just told us! Im sorry and hope Rusty gets better FAST!!! Are you still going to the game on Thursday? Let us know if you need anything!