On Christmas morning, I was really wondering what was going on since he didn't get up in the middle of the night to check on anything, and it wasn't under the tree. I started to worry if I had pumped myself up for no reason. He showed me my fireplace and then had me open up my new phone. All of this was really great and I really was grateful but I still was hoping for the puppy. By this time I started telling myself that I wasn't going to get one so that when I opened up my last present, I wouldn't burst out in tears. As I grabbed the present he asked me if I knew what was in there. My only reply was "I thought I did, but looking at the size of the box and the fact that it's not moving, I hope it's not!" He just laughed and had me open it. Inside was a card. He said that it was important to read the card first. Inside, this is what it read:
"I'm sorry that I could not be here today. I am still to little, but I am excited to come home on January 4th! I am sure you will be the best mom in the world! Until then, I love you! From- Your new little pup! p.s I hope I am cute!"
At that point I started to cry!! He has been the greatest toy ever! He also included all of this stuff so that I would have something to open on Christmas morning. We were supposed to wait until the 4th to pick him up but the breeder had the dates wrong and he was older than he thought. When we found that out, we headed straight to Thatcher to get him. We saw his dad who is the biggest registered boxer in the state. He was so sweet and well trained. I started to wonder how big Bronx would be. Well, now I know he is going to be huge! He has huge paws and an even bigger personality! When we went to the house to get him, I saw him and knew that that would be the one I would have chosen. So, we do have a little addition to the family! So now when Rusty calls me from work and asks what I am doing, I just tell him I am on constant poop and pee control. This little guy is a lot of work! Trying to house train him isn't the easiest thing I have ever done! (I'm sure that moms are reading this and rolling their eyes, but still!) So, thank you Rusty for this amazing bundle of poop and pee!
These were taken in Globe on our way home from getting him. We stopped at Taco Bell to grab something to eat and we let him out to pee. It was pretty cold and so we had to wrap him up however we could. I wish I could have had a video camera to see him run for the first time! He for sure keeps us busy! I will post some funny pics later but for now just wanted to say, welcome to the Wilkins madhouse Bronx!
No comments:
Post a Comment