We had gotten an e-mail on Thursday saying that the ward was in pretty bad need of a santa. I happened to be talking to Rusty on the phone when I read that e-mail and asked him if he wanted to. Needless to say, this is what happened!
I have never seen Rusty nervous to be up in public, but he was a little nervous to be Santa. We got him all dressed and they weren't ready for Santa to arrive. He was so hot in that suit that he was sweating and underneath all of that hair, you might be able to see how red his face was! They read "The night before christmas", and got all of the kids quiet and around the book. Then as he finished reading, in came Santa to pay the kids a visit! Rusty did so good! It was one of the best " HO HO HO's" I have ever heard! He spent a little time with the group, then went to the foyer and took pics with every kid and handed out candy canes! It was so cute, and I have never been so proud to be Mrs. Clause! I do have to give a shout out to RY-RY though Sonda! He gets the award for Santa's permanent helper! I think I have a bit of his head in every shot I took! We couldn't get Ryan away from Santa all night! He's so cute I don't think we would have minded taking him back to the North Pole with us!
Still, even after all that fun, the night wasn't over. Becky, Lea Heath, Melissa Udy, and myself went to tackle the midnight sale at Kohl's! It was a lot of fun to hang out with the girls and shop!
We decided it wouldn't be a true girls night without food so we hit up a village inn before heading home! What a great day! Now we just have to figure out what we are going to do with the Santa suit all weekend? HMMMMM......!
8 comments:
Emilee is here shouting, "Christmas!!" She thinks that Santa is Christmas. Rusty did a rockin' job!
Ryan loves Rusty anyway... even better as Santa! Cute post. Sorry I missed the shopping bash. I actually made it to Kohl's that night at about 11. Long story. I think I will take a raincheck on the girls shopping night!
Rusty, you rock!
Rusty makes a great Santa! I'm sad we missed it. I want to go next time on the girls shopping night.
I will say that was a great HO HO HO! I was up there with the kids and it he was great! Parker wasn't that afraid of him! I knew I should have gone to kohls! I LOVE VILLAGE INN! I totally should have...looks like fun!
Rusty was the ward Santa Claus...that is friggin' hilarious.
Christmas pictures??
Hey any word on Tickets yet? I am dying to get my hands on some!
Post a Comment