
Rusty and I are so excited that we have the opportunity to be called as " Ma's and Pa's" for our stake's trek this coming summer!! Our names were submitted to the stake a while back, and we found out a couple of days ago that we have been called! We are so excited! They did have to tell us that if we end up becoming pregnant between now and then, they will replace us. That kinda stinks but I understand they don't want to be responsible for any births out in the woods! According to the doctor I don't think getting pregnant will be an issue, but we will wait and see. We both figure that the Lord will work it all out.
Both of us have callings in the Young Men/Young Women organizations so we figure that we will have so much fun. Even though the youth from our ward most likley won't be in our family, I still get to see them and watch them the whole time. I remember how hard our trek was for us in high school. Rusty and I went on the same one as well as many who read this did. I remember how tired I was, walking well into 1:00 am. I remember how the wheels sounded on the rocks that first night. We had treked for 18 miles and were told that we would walk until we had been "sufficiently humbled"! And we were! Or at least I was! They would let us stop for fives minutes or so at a time, and I remember just falling to the ground. I either had to be walking and moving, or I would fall on the ground and instantly fall asleep! I know it sounds like torture, but when I look back I know it is one of the reasons I stayed active in the church after high school.
One funny note, I was looking through the pictures I have of me on the trek and I found a picture of myself and one of Rusty's x's. We were in the same family and I didn't even remember her being there! There is one pic of her and I with our arms around eachother. I showed it to Rusty and he just laughed and handed it back to me saying "That's ironic!?!?" I think it's stinking funny! I was proud that even after walking for three days pushing a 1,000 lbs handcart, sleeping on rocks, and eating what they called "steak in a cup", next to her I still looked good!
Does anyone know how or have patterns to make trek clothing? I am thinking about making SOME of our own just as a project so that I can say I did it! Well, wish me luck! Now all Rusty and I have to do is get ourselves in shape or our family will be carrying us down the mountain! Bloomers and bonnets here I come!
8 comments:
Hey congrats! You guys will make a great ma and pa. I'm jealous that you will get to be there. (Well I'm kind of jealous.) Seriously it will be awesome!
How fun!!! I loved the trek too! Such a great experience. The kids that get you guys as a ma and pa will LOVE it! Oh and who was the "ex" you are talking about? I am trying to remember and I can't!
You guys are so lucky! And remind Rusty that he had the best Trek sister in the world! If you need any pictures of him on the trek I might have a few!
This is Chelsee Nicoll (rylee's sister) I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I just had to leave a comment about the Trek. Rusty was my brother and he was the best! So much fun and so nice! You will be great ma's and pa's!
Tawni-I may need some pics to help get our kids pumped up for it. Kids down here just don't appreciate things like this like we did. It's amazing how different it is growing up down here!
Chelsee-Of course I don't mind you reading the blog! I love to hear from people I don't ever see! How are you guys!
Thanks for all of your guys support! I'm glad some people think we will be good! I think once the stake realizes how much the boys in our family will be beat on, they might change their minds!
Rylee-It was Kasey!
Oh ya I can't believe I forgot about Rusty and Kasey! Must have blocked that out! :-)
Hey. SOrry it took so long to comment. Apparantly our computer has been reformating, on its own too. Hmmm... It slowed our internet down, and all the blogs were nightmares waiting to open, so I decided just to wait. ANyway! Congradulations!!! I am so excited for you guys. That is so awesome. I am way jealous!
Pa Rusty and Ma Ashley congrats! That is awesome. You guys will be great. I'm sure it will be tons of work but it will be worth it. Becki and I were recently in charge of our ward's entire Road Show and it was quite humbling. It was tons of work but it turned out great (at least we thought so!) So good luck and enjoy it-
Post a Comment