Just to be warned, it is 12:55 am exactley at the time I start this post. Forgive any punctuation and grammer mistakes due to lack of sleep! I really don't know what I am going to post about, but since sleep doesn't seem to come easy latley, why not? For some reason, the past month I have really been stuggling to sleep. I have never had this problem before so you can imagine how frustrating it is. I can fall asleep ok, but I usually wake up halfway through the night, my mind going and me not being able to stop it long enough to get tired again. I think if I could stand to run on concrete I could just go for a run every time this happens. I don't mind on the days I don't work because I usually can sleep in and it's not that big of a deal. When I work however, it makes for a really long day. So, here I am, awake as can be! Rusty and I have to be at our ward building at 6:30 am too! Oh well, it's Saturday so I guess I can take a nap. Some people probably don't know that Rusty and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year now. Due to some complications, that hasn't been able to happen yet. Whenever it does happen, I suppose if I keep these hours from now on, I will be ready for a newborn's hours!
I guess I should also pay my respects to a very sad herd of Elk that are going back to the mountain that they love a little sad tonight. My home town alma matter played for the Semi-finals of high school state football against the Coolidge Bears. Unfortunatley, they didn't go home with the big V, but watching them this year has been really fun for Rusty and I. There is something about a football game whether it's high school or college, that is just exciting. I remember Friday night games, in my cheer uniform (sexy!) and those cold nights. I'm sure some people who read this blog can remember some of the coldest nights playing white mountain football. One was a playoff game in Ganado, I thought my fingers were gone, another was the first round playoff game in Coolidge my senior year. I hit the ground during our half-time performance and the grass felt like tiny little knives in my knees. But still, with all of that, there is just something about wrapping up, getting some hot chocolate, and cheering your team on to victory! (or not!)
Rusty pretty much just loves football, and I have always liked watching it, but never really understood the formations or anything. Seeing as I was the cheerleader in high school, I knew what first and ten, a two point conversion, and a touchdown were! Now seing that most women don't really watch football, I thought I was doing ok on that amount of knowledge. Marrying Rusty, I have found that I really do like the game. I like to watch hits and tackles. I never really focused on them before. I always just looked where the players were grouped together the most and figured that the ball was in there somewhere! I can now start to read the pass and see what play is going to happen. Yes, I am pretty proud of myself! Needless to say, I am sad that football is coming to an end this year, but we still have the DEVILS to cheer on! Oh and have no worries, we are getting ready to purchase season tickets for the SUN DEVILS for next year! I am not sure if we will have boys (and I am really hoping for a few little Rusty's running around), but if we do, I have a feeling they may not have a choice but to play football!
13 comments:
I am not sure if this world can handle any more Rusty's!!! :)
The world? I'm worried about me!!! As much as I want them running around my house, I fear them becoming as mischeivious as their father!
rusticles and ash-hole,
hy too bad for rv. they do so well every year! sure miss you guys.
Where are you getting season tickets so early? Do you know some secret that I don't? What about little Ashley's? The world needs to be graced with more of both!
I see my speedy husband has beat me to a comment. Probably b/c he was board. I went to a 1 hour scrapbooking class this afternoon, and 3 1/2 hours later arrived back home. I am just kidding though-he really does miss you guys!
As you will read on my post, I can't sleep tonight either!! So annoying! Well if you ask me, I can't wait for more little Rusty's to be running around...for Paxon to beat up!
Come on over at 3am. That's when Olivia eats!
Little Ashley's scare me more than anything to be honest. I know it's weird but I am really scared to have girls! I see myself with a bunch of little boys playing football. Well, that and getting into trouble, I know I will discipline but I can't wait to just laugh at my kids, whoever they are! Oh and by the way, Nicole, yours may have addorable eye lashes, but mine will have the musckules!! Beat on that!
Tawni, we went online and asked for prices. A girl called us back just a few days ago and said that as soon as Bowl games are determined they would go on sale. As to wether that is true I don't know. We haven't purchased them yet. She said she would put us on her "list" to call us the week they went on sale. I think they are still trying to decide if they want to run some kind of special again this year.
The campout was fun. How were my kids at the game? Thanks for helping Janet!!! I felt so much better knowing you were going with her. Are you guys still going to Mexico for Thanksgiving? We will miss you if so!
We'll be in RV by Wed night and stay until Saturday morning when we'll go down to QC to Ted and Tiffany Whiting's house for another Thanksgiving apparantly. What about you guys?
P.S. Devon and Rusty were trying to keep it from you, but I put all my Christmas decorations up last night (minus the tree)!
No we decided not to. Well, actually what happened was Cameron and Ashley decided not to go and it was their beach house we were going to stay at. I think we may do it some other time. I hope so, it's been since last Christmas that we went anywhere but RV. I'm kinda going stir-crazy!
Ash... so what website were you looking at for tickets? You need to share the love and the info! In the past it seems like they didn't go on sale until later, but if we can get them after bowl game assignments that would be FANTASTIC! Let us know. Also we are going to do a Christmas party and want to know when you guys are available... we aren't sure when we are thinking but would love for you guys to be there! Let us know
Are you on your blog right now?? I opened your blog to a different background, but read something else before I came back to read yours, and now that I am back (5min later) your background is different! You still there?
Post a Comment