Ok, I know it's been a long time since posting anything! So, to bad for you guys who choose to read this cuz it is long! First off, I want to start by saying how much Rusty and I are loving this season. We have been married for over two years now, and we have always been really busy. Now, we have kind of slowed our life down, and we are finally enjoying the blessings of the holiday season! This is my favorite time of year. Christmas and the 4th of July are my two favorite holidays! My house gets decorated top-to-bottum, I start burning the christmas candles, and try my hardest not to bake to much! It's amazing what spirit the holidays can bring into your heart and home if you let it. Rusty and I are really getting into the spirit this year. Who know's maybe we will have a little one on the way next year and things will be different, but for now we are enjoying our "aloneness"!
The season for me starts at Thanksgiving. Especially down in the valley, it's still to hot to start the celebration at Halloween. So, I love that we always head up to RV for Thanksgiving. The bite in the air just makes the season official to me! We had one of the best weekends ever! As you can see from the pictres, my mother-in-law broke out the china. The kids sat all morning making each person a name tag! How SWEET! We cooked all morning with the intention of eating at noon! Since my potatoes weren't finished, it was all my fault we dind't eat until 12:30. Trust me, I heard about it all day long! The dinner was awesome and I got to read my books the rest of the day. Then comes the kicker!
My sister-in-law Becky's birthday is 11-23. BLACK FRIDAY! So, in honor of her being OLD, I went with my mother-in-law (Janet), Becky, and my sister (Alisha), to Show Low to tackle black friday. The sea of humanity trying to fit through what seemed like tiny little doors at walmart was amazing. We pulled up right as the doors opened and so Alisha, Becky, and myself, take of running. I can hear Becky yelling at Janet, "Mom, you get a cart and meet me inside!" We split up in two's. My sister and I take the toy section first along with everyone else! We are screaming over everyone's heads "Did you get such-and-such toy?" "No did you get the Barbie beetle?" We did that for almost 30 minutes, then finally made it out if the toy section. We got everything we needed! It was awesome. All of the toys I needed to get we found, I was so proud! We checked out and Alisha and I waited at Mcdonalds for Janet and Becky. When we finally met up, Janet told us "You guys should have seen it! Becky had her hands so full you couldn't see her face and she was kicking a stack of stuff down the isle with her!" Only Becky would do that! We spent 12 hours shopping and then headed home. Needless to say, I got a lot of my christmas taken care of and had a blast doing it! Girlie time is so important! I don't think we stopped laughing the whole way!
The rest of the weekend was relaxing and awesome! Rusty got his football in, and I got to spend time with MY kids! My sister and I are 6 years apart but are really close. We weren't that way when she was in high school but now, she is my best friend. Throughout all of my high school, my sister worked, so I watched her kids for her. They became part mine! I don't really care what she says, her oldest really should have been born to me! It was fun to see and spend time with them! I also got to see my Dad who had surgery this week! He's doing really good! Proud of him too! Two weeks without smoking is a HUGE deal when he has been since he was 15. I hope he finds the strength to keep going! Way to go DAD! All-in-all, it was a great weekend! Now I get to decorate!
3 comments:
It sounds like you had a blast. I love the holiday season. i just got mooned by rusty aparantly. hmmm... we will be in RV the 21st through the 26th. how about you guys? did i hear something about rusty having to work so you won't be up in RV, is that right?
Hey! I just started this thing. Tawni and my sis were giving me trouble and I saw you link on Tawni's. You sound so happy and you look good! I miss those kids! We just moved out to Queen Creek so we will have to meet up some time!
I can totally see Becky going down an aisle kicking stuff along the way. I was home by 6am on Black Friday. You are so much tougher than me!
Post a Comment