10/26/07

Rusty, your OLD!!!




Rusty always calls me "Old Lady", I guess since I am three months older, that gives him the right?!?!?! Well, on October 15th, Rusty joined me in being halfway through our 20's! We had a pot-luck scheduled for his team at WFG, so I took the opportunity to surprise him with a golf cake (his newest passion). We met at Freestone park and I ended up being 30 minutes late. As I usually do for potlucks, I made a big dish of Baked Ziti. As I was bringing it out of the oven, I caught the corner of the dish on the top of the oven and it flipped back into the oven. By that I mean that the whole Ziti ended up in the bottom of the oven that was at 400 degrees! Yes, I am sure it was a pretty as you are imagining! That made me late picking up the cake. I was a horrible wife that week. I was grateful that Shelli could make it at last minute considering that I had procrastinated ordering one. I love the little flags! Toothpicks come in handy for so many things! It was a preview of one of his birthday gifts, a new set of golf clubs, which he gets to go use for the first time tomorrow! What I am really waiting for is the drop of our insurance rates!!! I guess to be cheesy, I do have to say that I plan on seeing a lot of these come and go! We better be 90 together still making eachother laugh! Glad you could join the ranks, "OLD MAN!"

5 comments:

Rylee said...

Happy Birthday Rustin. I was actually thinking on Oct 15th, Hey I think its Rusty's bday. Hope it was a good one.

Enjoy the Journey said...

Holly Cow you guys are alive! It is amazing! I am so glad that you have a blog now so that I can make sure you are still alive and kicking! We sure miss you at our fun filled dinner nights! Maybe you can venture back to join us sometime! Well how bout Friday night? I will call and find out!

Rusty and Ashley said...

Ya, I know we are busy losers! I have to tell my family that they need to give me like 3 weeks in advance if they want to do something. So sad! My schedule with work is so crazy. Who all does the dinner nights now? Are Taffy and Mike still living in the valley? Call me and we will figure out a time!

Whitings said...

Hey guys! Thanks again for letting us crash you place and puke and poop all over it! You guys are awesome!

Jenn said...

I am so glad you are doing this also! Hope Rusty had a happy Birthday! And yes he is old, but not as old as his OLDER brother:)