

(phone camera pics, not very good quality)
Ok, so our little one is MUCH better today! Luckily, the antibiotics have done their job and she is back to running around the Peds unit giggling, smiling, and waving to all the nurses. Unless, of course, they are coming to do their routine assesments and then she kinda freaks. I think she has had it with strangers touching her....she has Rusty's personal space issues.
Last night, Rusty stayed with her so I could catch some sleep. I had been up with her for the past week with his help but I had just about had it. My patience and sanity were severely compromised. I know they both had a really bad night with no sleep, throwing up, lots of crying, and some yelling at some grouchy night nurses. To top it all off, we had had a huge storm yesterday and the power was out in the hospital so there was no A/C. Needless to say, my husband is my hero!
As for Brylee, she had a UTI that went undetected by her pediatrician. Because it lasted this long, she now has a kidney infection and the bacteria has also infected her blood. They did an ultrasound of her kidneys today which told us that Brylee is even more unique than we thought. The reason she ended up with a UTI is that her right kidney has a defect she was born with. Instead of one ureter going from her right kidney to her bladder, she has two. Apparently, in cases like this, one drains properly and the other does not....leading to bacteria getting caught in there. We will have to see another specialist about that to see if they will just watch her for further complications or if they will remove one surgically.
As for right now, we will be in the Peds Unit for 5-7 days for her antibiotic treatment then home with a bunch more meds just to make sure we are clear. Thanks for all the well wishes! We really appreciate the prayers as well. I promise, we have seen miracles with our little girl time and time again that can only be answers to prayers. Now, lets just hope and pray that we don't all go insane in that tiny room with a 14 month old monkey!
1 comment:
"OH NO!!!" My IMMEDIATE thought to seeing Brylee in a hospital crib. I have been there way too many times and it's not easy to see!! I am SOOOOO happy she is doing better!! You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers!! I wish you were close so I could come visit you at the hospital, bring you some lunch and just give you a break!!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment