7/31/10

Mama, I'm coming home......


(elmo curtesy of our maryland BFF's the McQueen's, you are our life savers, love you guys!)


I know she looks like an orphan, but what do you expect when she has been in the hospital for a week? I mean really! I tried to think of all the songs with "HOME" in the title, and Ozzy is what came to mind. Wonder what that says about me?

We were discharged this morning, a day and change ahead of the previous schedule. Bry had pulled out her IV yesterday so they figured they could give her the medication via shots in her thighs for the last two treatments. As sad as it is to say, I think I much prefer that method. She was like a bear who was trapped when hooked up to the IV. I was even worse trying to keep her in the crib. Pateince.....patience.....pateince.....yep, it's just not my thing. In any case, this turn of events helped to speed up the discharge process. Yet another reason I am in favor of this method.

Our house smells like garbage that needs taking out and the last candle I burned mixed together. I guess that's better than some things it could smell like.

For the next two months Brylee will be on antibiotics until they can determine if the abnormality with her right kidney is something that will cause recurring problems or if she will be ok. Do you know what antibiotics do to children's digestive systems?

Ya for me.

For the next two months.

Ya for me.

My daughter is a roll with the punches kind of gal. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that he sent me a million dollar baby with the guts to go through it all with a smile. Well, in all fairness, I'm not grateful that she will cost me millions by the time she is 2, but blessings don't always come the way we think they will.

And she is definitley a blessing.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Loved the Ozzy song. So glad she is home where she belongs :)

Mele said...

You guys have been in our prayers. Glad she's home. Hope her little body is able to keep infection away. She is so precious!

Spoiled Eggs said...

I'm sooo glad she's coming home. You guys are amazing. What a lucky little girl to have a mamma like you!

Ligia said...

oooh, what a pleasant shout out! we love you guys too. so happy to have seen her adorable little cheesy smile on sunday too. we can't get enough of her!