I was listening to that song in the car this morning on my way home from the doctors office. Brylee has been running a temp for the last two days and goes through spells where she just can't stop shaking. I called to make sure that it was just the chills from the fever and nothing I should worry about but they decided I needed to go in anyway. Of course she is just fine...just a virus..or teething... or a bladder infection.....man, I really wish she could tell me where it hurt already!
On the way back, Rusty and I were driving quietly listening to the song, Bry was asleep in her car seat, and tears started welling up in my eyes. Last night, Rusty rocked with Brylee for a long time while she trembled and grunted and cried. He never got impatient, never sighed in frustration, he just rocked and "shhh'd" and cooed in her ear. It's as if she hand picked Rusty so that someone could laugh when she falls on her face, and when she destroys my house, and when I want to boot her in the butt.
And the words of the song came like a bolt of lightening into my mind..."it won't be like this for long."
I have a husband I take for granted. At random times throughout the day I look at my phone and there is a sweet text from my hubby telling me how much he loves me or how beautiful he thinks I am. I randomly check my blog and he has sweet messages for me....you all know what I'm talking about. I'm a lucky girl! I hope I can make sure that Bry knows how lucky she is to have Rusty on her side. He is the best cheerleader and friends there is. I have always known he had my back no matter what. (I say cheerleader in the most manly of manly ways I possibly can imagine.)
So, I know we won't always have Brylee how she is right now, I know she will grow, we will add to our little mess, and they will grow and walk (or run) away to share their lives with others...but I'm glad I'm in this foxhole with you, babe!
1 comment:
Oh Ashley, Brylee is SO cute! I just want to squeeze those cute little cheeks. I can't believe she is already one. It's been so long since I've seen you but I'm glad I can check out your blog and see what you are up to :) Take care!
Post a Comment