5/6/10

86% of stuff

86% Humidity in the air in Maryland

86% Done with my To-Do List for the day/week

86% Sick of having no air conditioning in our apartment.

86% Drained of energy.

86% Thrilled that we finally found a place to live. (More like 100%!)

86% Dreading flying back to AZ with Brylee to move our stuff out here. BUT...

86% Excited to see my awesome families, friends, and Dr. S for Brylee's feet.

Like I mentioned before, we made the decision to move into an apartment instead of a townhouse. We signed for it yesterday. I'm extremely uplifted with the fact that we will be out of this apartment in a week and a half. It has served us....well....let's just say it was a place to stay, but the time has come to part ways.

I will miss the guys out on the stoop smoking pot who are so sweet to smile and wave at Brylee every time.

I wont miss the sound of the train, the constant sirens, and the aforementioned lack of air conditioning.

I will miss the sweet Indian couple that lives across the stoop, but I will NOT miss the smell that protrudes from their apartment and seeps into mine. Seriously, it's like an onion patch grows in their kitchen!

The new place is great. I have to say, not many times have I felt as good as I do about a decision we have made as I do about this apartment. Rusty and I both made multiple comments about that yesterday. As much as I wanted a beautiful brick front townhouse with a backyard, we are saving a lot of money for future endeavors this way. Plus, I don't have to worry about Brylee taking a dive down the stairs.

So, goodbye sweet little crack house.

In other news, a member of our family didn't make the trip out here with us. For as crazy as it is to me that I love our damn dog as much as I do, he has become a major part of our family. I know I have said it before, but he was exactly what Rusty and I needed at the exact right time. I was able to stop thinking about our infertility constantly and focus on training and exercising Bronx.

If you ever wonder what my feelings for that dog are, the movie Marley and Me pretty much sums it up. There were times that I was sure I was going to drop him off at the nearest grocery store with a "free" sign around his neck. But something about the droopy, sad eyes would always pull me back.

The decision to move into an apartment had two factors. #1- What would be the best financial decision in the long run? How could we get our cars paid off, and live in a townhouse, without draining the savings?

#2- Are we willing to give Bronx up? We knew an apartment is no life for an animal.

Luckily, there are two 60 year olds back in RV that love that dog as much as Rusty and I do. My parents have decided that Bronx is now their dog. As much as I hate to think that we no longer have a "Bronxers", I know he really does have a dog's life there with them. Plus, I truly believe that "older people" really need something to take care of :) (WINK, WINK!)

First day with Bronx


Best to cuddle with.



Cuttest Puppy EVER!



Training



He went from man's best friend......




....to baby's best friend


Bye, buddy! We love you and will miss you being in our family!

4 comments:

The Herberts said...

I am so happy to hear you are getting out of the crack house.. ha ha!! I'm sure your parents will take great care of Bronx for you!! Miss you guys!!

texas_princess1109 said...

I'm so sad that you have to give up Bronx! I know he'll be ok but it still makes me tear up a little. I love the pictures you put up of him! Are you gonna come see us down here in the QC when you come back for your stuff???

walkerbunch said...

Wow Ash...sniff, sniff! :( Those pictures got me!

Lea Heath said...

K that totally made me cry!!!