3/3/10

Lions Pride

You know on Lion King when they first introduce Simba to the world? Can you remember the look of pride on Mufasa and Sarabi's faces? I now know the source of that pride. I now know how you can be so totally in love with a child.

I look at Brylee sometimes and this feeling down deep lets me know that no love can be the same as a mother for her child. It is so eternal, so....for lack of a better term...from another planet or better yet, a source. Then there are other times that I look at her while she is whining and I think if I get close enough to her at that particular moment I might pinch her head off. That's when I take a deep breath, go to my computer, and pull up pictures from other times when I remember how much I love her. It doesn't take long at all.

She is nine months now and I swear she is smarter than I am sometimes. I think if she could talk she would ask me.."Really mom? Are you really that dumb?" I haven't updated this in a long time but I did want to record some of the awesome things she has done lately.

Feb. 15th 2010- 8 1/2 months. We were on our way to Washington D.C. We stopped in some small town where there was a Days Inn and let her crawl in the lobby. She finally got it and that's all it took. She motors everywhere and is into everything.

Feb 20th 2010-8 1/2 months. She started clapping her hands when told "Yay Brylee!" She was so proud of herself. She would keep one hand in a fist for a long time but eventually she got it. Now she LOVES to play patty cake.

Feb 26th 2010- 8 3/4 months. She learned how to wave "Hi" and "Bye". The first time she did it I took a video and she just looked at her hand like, "Wow, I'm really doing it!"

Right now she is learning to throw her hands in the air when we say "TA-DA". I'll post a video when she does. She tends to sit and clap and wave and clap and wave and clap and wave....just like a good monkey does!

We finally got her a high chair (yes, long time in coming), and she thinks she is pretty hot stuff feeding herself the puffs.

She finally drew her first good blood when she tried pulling herself up to the coffee table. She landed her mouth and nose right on the corner of the leg and won herself a pretty good swollen lip. It only lasted for a little while and of course I forgot to take pics. The bridge of her nose was swollen for a day too. I'm telling you, those bumps are hard to take sometimes!

As far as her personality goes, she is the most fun loving kid I have ever seen. It doesn't take much anymore to get her to give you a huge smile and giggle. He laugh is starting to change from a small infant to an older babies laugh. It makes me sad that she is growing up so fast.

I have thought a lot the last couple days about learning. She has made me think a lot about our Heavenly Father watching us learn. He watches us learn to walk and talk and move and read. He watches us learn how to interact with others, how to respect others, and watches us learn how to learn. I think I have gained a better understanding of what D&C 98:12 says, "For He will give unto the faithful line upon line, precept upon precept;..." She teaches me that (in most cases), you cannot walk before you learn to stand, balance, and move correctly. Even so, I can not expect to learn more unless I am learning and mastering the basics.

Maybe this is the propose of having children. To learn from them things that can be taught no other way. In that case, I hope someday that we can stand together and she can present me as her mother and be proud.

19 Week Ultrasound


Brylee 3 Months Old




9 months old

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Great post! She looks so different! It been awhile since I saw a picture of her.

Enjoy the Journey said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS! She is so big and so DANG CUTE! Why do you have to be so far away that I can't even meet her. Good job guys. She is so smiley and adorable!

JennaK said...

I think you're exactly right on about the purpose of having children--there are some lessons we can only learn through becoming parents.

Gabe Y. said...

That's it! Im driving out there and stealing her...officially.

Kiera said...

She is SO stinkin' CUTE!!!! I love her little face!! Wish I could see her every week!