8/27/09

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good bye!

Ya, I totally had to look that up. Seriously, German words are spelled funky!

Well, I eluded to the fact that Brylee and I will be moving up home to RV pretty soon. Pretty soon is an understatement. We will be moving in two weeks! Rusty has been offered an amazing opportunity to work for Direct Buy and manage one of their corporate centers. He starts working on September 14th but we don't know exactly where yet. He will be traveling all over the US training and going through BMS (Business Management School). It's kinda nice that instead of going to years of college for a business degree, they will teach him how to run things in A LOT shorter time.

In the meantime, Brylee and I will be kicking it in the White Mountains and loving that it's not hotter than Haites there! I'm excited for her to get to know both Grandma's more, plus we get to hang out with Aunt Alisha and her kiddos all the time! I have to admit, after being away so long, I am a little apprehensive about moving home, but both Rusty and I know it's what we need to do. We are hoping that within 4-6 months, they will place us in a center and we can be together as a family again. One nice thing is that we can earn points from all of Rusty's flights and soon I can fly with Brylee to see Daddy wherever he is! I'm really excited to travel. I keep telling everyone that I just really hope that we don't end up in Ohio or Iowa. I would love to live in Boston or somewhere on the East Coast where we can experience totally different things. So much church history on the east coast! I'm really ready for the change and the adventure.

However, I will be really sad to leave the valley for a few reasons. Rusty and I have grown so much here. We were really fortunate to live by Becky and Kyle for 4 years and have loved being a sub part of their family. What will we do on Sunday nights now? Plus, Rusty and I have the best ward there is. I really do mean that. I have grown a lot serving and working in this ward. Plus, the girls in my ward rock! I have never been around so many women that make you want to be better and feel better about yourself. I will really miss you all!

There are a few perks about living back in RV for a little while. I am moving back at the best time of the year. It is still warm but nights are cool. Pretty soon the leaves will turn and the Rut will be starting. I can spend a good part of my day taking Brylee and Bronx on walks and letting Bronx play in the lake. It's also nice to know that I don't have to do the next 4-6 months by myself with a baby that is a little less than easy. The added help will be awesome.

Rusty, I will miss you like crazy, but I am so proud of you! I have always loved your ambition and drive to make yourself better and better. Thanks for taking such good care of Brylee and I, I love you!

For everyone else, thanks so much for all the memories! Oh, and if you are totally bored, I know some people who are moving that will be packing up next week!!!!

5 comments:

texas_princess1109 said...

Tragic, oh so tragic! What will we ever do without you? But seriously, we really are excited for your new adventure. But we will miss you so much! There will never be neighbors that'll live up to the Wilkins standard! :)

Rylee said...

Good luck you guys! I know what you mean about being apprehensive to move back. My husband REALLY wants to end up in RV and I think I do too, but I think after being gone for a long time that it can be hard. You have a sister there though and that makes all the difference I think.

Becky said...

So excited for you. Really, I am. This ward and its changes are teaching me not to be selfish! You had better have a party before you go!

Eve and Tim DeLoach x2 said...

Good luck with everything! Keep posting pics of your daughter so i can watch her grow. she is so cute. Best wishes!

The Bottjer Family said...

Exciting! Moving home is fun, believe me, I've been living it for the past 7 weeks. =) Good luck on your adventures. For the record, Iowa is nice, I spent several years growing up there in high school. It's definitely "home town", but it's super cute.