Hopefully, I don't have to many more of these to blog about. I love Dr. Segal, Carla, and all his staff, but I can't wait for this part to be over. I know that the braces will be there own challenge, but I am kinda over her having casts on. She does really well, she kicks, plays, and claps them together like a pro! However, I don't care what anyone says, she hurts for about 48 hours after each casting. With everything else she has going on, I am excited to not have her hurt from that as well. Plus, the casts rub on everything and leave a light "dust" that I can't just wipe off my clothes quickly. So, yesterday, I walked around the ribbon store and Oregano's with pants that looked like I pulled them out of the dirty clothes. Plus, once the casts are off, that means we are one step closer for her to be more of a normal kid. The story isn't long to explain, but people ask me at least 10 times a day what the casts are for. I find myself tuning out my own voice as I once again explain that I didn't break my daughters legs. (A women in Wal-Mart actually asked me "What did you do to your kid!")
All in all, her 4th casting went great. Dr. Segal was encouraged by her progress and wants her to be fitted this next week for her "snowboard" or her brace. He also told me that if her feet are where he needs them to be this week, we can schedule the surgery for the Achilles Surgery. This is REALLY good news! I am sorta dreading the surgery. Her tummy has to be empty for at least 6 hours before, and this girl gets cranky without food! Plus, that means I can't give her her medicine for her tummy which makes me really nervous! The sooner we do this the better, I say!!!
Here are the pics from the 4th casting. I am not going to add the before right now (I'm way too tired), but I will at some point for comparison. If you would like, you can scroll down and see! Wish us luck this next week.
Before they cut them off. I will explain later about the signatures.



No comments:
Post a Comment