It's bows and ribbons for us at the Wilkins house! We were really excited to find out that the little one will be a girl! The Tuesday before Christmas, Rusty and I went to our second ultrasound and found out. We had to beg to get them to let us come in before the holiday. They were gracious enough to listen to my sob story about how the sex of our baby was the only Christmas gift we were giving to our parents this year, and how it was a surprise. It worked, and as soon as they put the transducer on my stomach, I saw her face. The water-works started immediately. I couldn't help but get emotional at the sight of our first little girl! She is perfect! She has a little nose, and kept trying to suck on her hand. She wouldn't sit still for hardly a minute at a time for the poor women, which leads me to believe she is already her daddy's girl. Rusty kept moving and fidgeting through the whole thing. I couldn't help but laugh. It was awesome to hear Rusty get excited about the things he would pick out. I am so extremely grateful for this experience. I am amazed everyday that Heavenly Father gives us these special little spirits to love and take care of. I am also learning early that the best way to know how to do that is to be on your knees. Prayer has become one of the most important things in my life. There is nothing more amazing or important than this right now, as you can tell from my blog. Can we say a little neglected? So, I thought I would also catch up.....just a little.
Thanksgiving and Christmas were a little unusual for Rusty and I this year. With my change in my job, also came a change in responsibilities. I have never had to work Holidays before, so this year was pretty hard on me. Thanksgiving I was fortunate enough to have off, and we got to spend it with the Wilkins Family.....some of them anyway. Dennis and Janet, the Mayhews, and Rusty and I all gathered at the Mayhews for the celebration. Rusty got to play in the Copper Basin 1st annual Turkey Bowl, and had a ton of fun! I spent the morning getting food prepared and just relaxing. We decided to take a break and take a walk to the Mayhews. During this time we were watching Cameron and Ashley's dogs while they were away. When we came home, I opened the door to three muddy dog who somehow Houdini's there way into my house. I had muddy paw prints on my carpet, couch, BED, and walls! I can laugh now, but trust me, I have never wanted to kill three dogs more in my life!! We cleaned, ate, and relaxed the rest of the evening.
Christmas came quite fast this year as well. Rusty and I did our traditional day of baking the banana chocolate chip bread. It all turned out good but I forgot to get any pictures. Then we both worked crazy hours up until Christmas. Christmas Eve was spent at the Spencer's for some yummy Christmas dinner, and at Walgreen's and CVS ( a totally funny story but don't have enough time), and then helping families play Santa. Rusty and I got to bed around 12:30am and woke up at 4:45 am so that we could open presents and get me to work on time. Rusty packed us up while I was at work, and we headed for RV with a very excited puppy! We ate, Rusty shot his new shotgun, let Bronx play in the snow for the first time, and had a lot of fun. Plus, we finally were able to let it out about the little girl we are having.
7 comments:
Congrats you two! It will be a blast, and she already looks beautiful!
WOW - CONGRATS Rusty & Ashley on the BABY GIRL! I am so excited for you! You'll be great parents! We are thrilled for you!!!
How exciting! We never get pink baby dust around here...just blue. ha ha
Yea! A little girl! She will be adorable! Congrats!
I love the 3D ultra sound, very cool!
PS - I tagged you on my blog, check it out...
Wahoo! Can't wait to make bows! Brooklyn can't wait for her little friend to get here!
I must say, I'm a little jealous. After having 2 boys I am hoping that someday we will get a girl. There is WAY too much testosterone in our house! ;o) Hope you are feeling well! Congrats!
Post a Comment